Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiring of RR1

Hello all,
    I was just wondering the right wiring configuration of the volume pots versus the pickups on a RR1 model. The RR1 I bought had EMG's installed in it and the first volume pot goes to the neck pickup and the second volume pot goes to the bridge pickup. Is this standard or is it supposed to be the other way around? I plan on changing it but would like to know which is the original way that it's supposed to be wired.

Thanks

Re: wiring of RR1

Depends on the year of production. From 1990 through 1993 they were using the JE-1200 mid boost active electronics system. So, the first knob was volume, the second was tone, and the third was mid boost level. After that series they went back to passive electronics and it was common to have the first knob act as volume to the neck pickup and the second knob act as volume to the bridge pickup with one master tone for both. Some guys would switch the order out as it seems you would prefer it to be. Some people even wire one master volume and a separate tone control for each pickup.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Re: wiring of RR1

I recently bought a new '02 RR-1T and it was wired with 1 master volume and a tone control for each pickup. I had it rewired with a volume for each pickup and a master tone.

Comment

Working...
      X