Rising Sun Soloist is home!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rising Sun Soloist is home!

She came home today. Lee and Dan performed their magic and she looks like a brand new guitar. This is the Soloist I bought last year that has an oddball Rhoads serial number. I am still putting it back together, so excuse the missing parts (I wanted to get pics before the sun set). I can't express how happy I am with the job. I will soon be putting an in depth page up on my website outlining her whole history, from purchase in '86 at the Melody Shop to her present state.

Here she is circa 1987:

Here she is today. Check out the letters!

Re: Rising Sun Soloist is home!

Congrats Jim, she's beautiful! Has she been yours the whole time?
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

jim,
      man that looks great!!!!
      give ya $50.00 for it [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      man you're right they did nail the graphic
      very cool with the rr serial number
      let me know how she plays

Comment

That is sweet! It looks like it was well worth the wait! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

That sure looks sweet Jim. They really did a fine job on the finish. There happens to be one like that lurking around here in St. Louis that I am looking for. As far as that goes, There are 2 King V basses also.... I just need to hit the Powerball first.

Congrats on the nice fiddle!!!

Adrian
          All hail the 'King'
          R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

Yes, it was definately worth the time. It hasn't been mine the whole time, but I bought it from the original owner who had pics and story checked out. He was very excited to see I was having it restored. He stripped her back in the 90's as graphics were not cool and really regretted it. We have been in touch the whole time and at times I think he was more anxious to see the end result as I was. I am waiting to hear what he has to say about it as he played it for almost 8 years in its original state.

Comment

That is a great one Jim.

Man, Lee seems to be getting them out now. I got word on mine, and it should be home soon.

Brett

Comment

I have heard from another guy who has been waiting for his that he got word it will be done soon as well. Maybe it is spring cleaning time at GMW.

For those of you who like to look up guitars in the logs, this one is logged as J0632, not RR0632.

Comment

That looks great, Jim! I really like the Japanese graphics and yours really looks good. For some reason, the Japanese motif on a Jackson is especially appropriate for a guitar built in the '80's. Best of luck with the final reassembly and please do post the pics when you are finished.
                  Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Will do. A word to the prospective GMW customer, spring the extra couple of bucks and let Lee put it together. It is murder prepping the body for parts and reassembly while you just want to plug it in and wail!

Comment

she looks great...now if you could just do something about that kahler [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ...just kidding...d.m.
                      http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

That rules, Jim. Congrats. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow, that really looks great. Congrats on a nice one! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                          Scott
                          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

That's very cool!
                            http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Jim, sweet looking guitar you got there! Enjoy! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

And thanks for the reassurance on having Lee doing the assembly. I'm sending a soloist out to him for a refin and graphic and it's good to hear others feel the same about the prep and reassembly.

Comment

Working...
                              X