Rising Sun Soloist is home!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rising Sun Soloist is home!

Definately. I spent a good two hours cleaning out all of the holes and and various other little cleaning up that comes with the reassembly and set-up. Add another hour for putting it back together and wiring (I did rewire it completely, no old parts in the cavity), and still haven't set it up.

Comment

What did you have Lee do to it, re-fin?

Comment

After reading the entire thread....I have determined what he did. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] It looks great Jim!

Comment

Damn Jim, I remember when you came over here curious about Jackson, and now you've one of the nicer collections and are having Jacksons restored!

That's awesome bro. That graphic doesn't particularly interest me, but yeah, they nailed it!
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Yeah xeno, it hasn't been that long. I have learned much since I started here. This is a great community and I only hope I can give back what I have gained.

Comment

It kicks ass Jim...congrats...

oh and BTW, you can start giving back, by giving me that soloist!!! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

I'm CERTAIN you saw that one coming!

All the best!

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Mike

Comment

Congrats! Looks awesome. Btw, the chinese letter on the wing says "thunder." [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

wow! that is sweeet. I've always liked that graphic, but I've never seen it quite like that.
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

That looks very cool ..I like that graphic [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Wolf

Comment

I love it. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

What does the lettering on the body mean?

Jason

Comment

It's pronounced "dee", which in ancient times means "prosperous", but now the word is hardly used in this context because you have to look it up in a dictionary to get its definition. Anyway I think with word like this, the graphic surely has a kvlt atmosphere around it. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Wow!!That's beautiful Jim,came out great!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Congrats bro!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Chucksplatter

Comment

Miffy, that is cool you can read it. The original owner was told one of the letters meant "Thunder" or "storm" (he couldn't remember which). This was an issue as I wanted the graphic done accurately and the before pic is actually a small little Polaroid, so Dan had to figure it out from that small picture. I mentioned that if the original letters could not be read to use symbols which meant "sun" or "shine" for obvious reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by DTP:
                              I love it. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

What does the lettering on the body mean?

Jason
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It translates to: "Good man must wear spandex and big hair while play fast roll and rock" [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Killer guitar.

Steve E

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Shine:
                                Yeah xeno, it hasn't been that long. I have learned much since I started here. This is a great community and I only hope I can give back what I have gained.
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It has been almost close to what, a year and a half? I think you've done that and more.

Cheers! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X