Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Fender helped or hurt the Jackson name??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Fender helped or hurt the Jackson name??

i think they helped Jackson. I remember beack before Fender owned them, I never saw ads or anything about Jackson. now Jackson has ads in all the magazines and Jenna Jameson as a spokesperson. Also look at all the stuff they have done with the lineup. Now we have a string thru soloist, KV, and other new cool finishes. Plus they havent changed the quality. I think Fender is doing great with Jackson.

Re: Has Fender helped or hurt the Jackson name??

I think Fender has only improved everyhthing and made Jackson better. Look at the amount of advertising...they brought back the JCF series, increased QC, have Mike Shannon heading up things again, and cut Custom Shop lead times down alot. I have only good things to say...

- Joel
    RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
    RIP Dime

Comment

From what I hear, quality has gotten better.
      I know that at 1 time, they were shooting for 120 day turn around time on all custom shop orders, but that aint happening as far as I can see.
      I can't say that I like the marketing, but I understand it.
      Deep pockets beat empty ones I guess.
      I know the picked up a bunch of new dealers, but htat isn't necessarily a good thing.
      There is a store in St. Paul that is now dealing Charvels and they look down their noses at them.
      Poking fun of the floyds on them and the style of playing associated with them.
      The only reason they are selling them is the hefty profit margin they have.
      They don't like them 1 bit.
      I guess the answer is that FMIC is doing a good job, but things could always be better. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Good job with the product and marketing, bad job with Artist Relations.

I have yet to hear of any serious quality issues since Fender bought them. That much is good. AND you know you would have heard about it here if there was.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe:
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yup.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

i third that.

Comment

I 4th it [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Took the words right outta my mouth...But aside from that I think their doing an awsome job

Comment

Quality and Marketing [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Artists [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Has Fender helped or hurt the Jackson name??

I would like to hear some opinions on this...I think that fender has helped because they are getting the product out were you see alot more Jacksons.

Comment

Until Jackson was independent, there was no official importer for Slovenia.

Right after Fender and Jackson united, I ordered a Jackson, at that time one and only DXMG in Slovenia, and got it three weeks.

Comment

Snobby dealers have always been around - "if it don't say Fender or Gibson or PRS, it sucks" - but ask them why they're sneering at the very brand that ESPee and Ibenhad RIPPED OFF, which is also their highest-selling brand.

Of course, if they're sneering at the Grunt-And-Scream "Metal" bunch, then there's no problem [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

As much as i hate fender, for being, well, fender... i have to say im positive about the changes that have been made. Clearly more adverts, and definately more market availability (down under that is), can only help the brand. I was extremely disappointed when fender purchased Jackson, but if things continue the way they are currently, then im happy with what they have achieved so far.
                          --
                          Regards,
                          Perry

www.ormsbyguitars.com

Comment

As of today I give them one thumb up for quality, CS waiting time and Jenna [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] If they improve in the Artist Relations department and give more Jenna [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] thet'll be two thumbs up.

Comment

Sam Ash never carried Jackson guitars, but now they're showing up in Sam Ash stores, if this is caused by the Fender buyout, then I say its for the better.

cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X