Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ontario Jackson, Maple Neck with Sharkfins

Hmmm...do I detect a bit of sarcasm?

I just went through the gallery and didn't see any. Would this thing be a custom shop or something?

Re: Ontario Jackson, Maple Neck with Sharkfins

if you like it...buy it before anyone else here finds it...yes it sounds like a custom shop but a pic or two would be nice...value??...completely up to the buyer and the market has been soft overall recently so if you want it buy it...if you don't, i wouldn't spend the money unless it's extremely cheap...d.m
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Wow, sounds pretty neat. I don't think I've ever seen a Jackson with a maple board that had MOP sharkfins. Usually the maple boards have ebony fins. Go for it! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
        Jackson with a maple board that had MOP sharkfins.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Perhaps Newc has... he thinks MOP on maple looks like semen. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh yeah, I remember him saying that! LOL [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I've seen a Carvin maple board with MOP or abalone dots, never any Jackson with dots or sharks, that I can remember.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

From my VERY limited knowledge, it sounds pretty rare having MOP inlays. A few other things I've read seem to indicate that the one hum/one single pickup config is fairly unusual, too. So taken together, it might be a pretty unusual guitar. If anyone else has input on that, I'd love to hear it.

If you've got the cash and more importantly, you like the guitar, then go for it. And if you don't like it, my birthday is next month... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

If you REALLY like it then buy it, but don't buy it if you think you can sell it for more as it may not happen. Pearl sharkfins are rare, though there is a pic of a Rhoads Dan Spitz had in the General Forum in the Anthrax thread. Pearl sharkfins or blocks don't look good on maple imho. They are too washed out looking. Same for Zakk's LP with the pearl block inlays, would look better with ebony blocks and black binding.

Comment

Oh, if you do get it, post pics!!!

Comment

i've always wanted a maple board with ebony fins. and i'm in love with your avatar genebaby! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                  The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Originally posted by peabuddy:
                    i've always wanted a maple board with ebony fins. and i'm in love with your avatar genebaby! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You will probably be in love with my GMW too then when it finally arrives... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Ontario Jackson, Maple Neck with Sharkfins

Ran across one of these recently, and I was curious if you guys knew anything about them. Here's what I remember:

Maple neck/fingerboard with pearl sharkies
                      Single coil at neck, humbucker at bridge
                      original floyd
                      selecter switch, one knob
                      Jackson Ontario plate (didn't get the serial no.)
                      Made in USA on headstock

Are these maple neck/fingerboards commonplace? What's a fair price range for one of these in pretty good condition?

Thanks for the help, bros.

Comment

Yeah, they're REALLY common. You don't want something like that, do you? Now, could you send me the contact info of the seller? I just wanted to let him know that he's selling a piece of junk. I might lowball him an offer, just so he's not stuck with it forever.

Comment

Just bumpin to see if anyone else has some thoughts on this. I'm beginning to think I may have stumbled across something pretty rare and cool.

Comment

You did... and you need to take action or let the cat out of the bag. A maple with sharks? Damn.
                            I'll buy it.

Comment

You did... and you need to take action or let the cat out of the bag. A maple with sharks? Damn.
                              I'll buy it.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No shit! I'm in line too! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X