Swee-Tone Fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swee-Tone Fans?

Are there any Swee-Tone fans out there? I am really liking this Bent Top I have more & more. The neck just totaly ripps and the spruce body is so responsive. Does anybody else like these things? I know there are not many of them so I was wondering if anybody else has one. I had a Jazz'r but the body just did not feel right and the neck had a hard "V" profile.

Re: Swee-Tone Fans?

Unfortunately I've never had the good fortune to play one of these rare birds.

Comment

I had a Jazz'R and really enjoyed it. Great axe.
      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I had a Jazz'R and really enjoyed it. Great axe.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I had the privilege of playing a limited edition Jazz'R about a week ago. It was #1 of 20 limited run and they told me that 2 thru 20 were never made. Awesome guitar!!!!

Comment

^^^[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I have a Jazz"r and it is awesome, and I am waiting on a cusom shop solid body with KV2 neck and 24 frets with a OFR
            Just placed the order
            Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I had the privilege of playing a limited edition Jazz'R about a week ago. It was #1 of 20 limited run and they told me that 2 thru 20 were never made. Awesome guitar!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Got any details? Or a pic? [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Sorry, no pics. It was at Fullers Vintage Guitars in Houston. www.fullersguitars.com/ It's not on there website yet though. They told me that it was the first of a limited run that got canceled after the Fender buyout. It has some special designed Duncan pickups that were made special for this guitar. That's what they said. It is a great guitar!!

Comment

Definitely a fan! I just got my Bent Top and I've been playing it constantly for the last couple days. Any other fans...please share some pics (besides what's searchable on the internet)!
                  Swee-Tone Bent Top-->TU-2-->NS-2-->Keeley MM4-->DL4-->Voodoo Modded TSL100-->Bogner 2x12

Comment

Picked up a NAMM display Jazz'R a while back:

Still need to take more pics of it

The one I had before had a hard V profile, but this one is round like a D-shape - much more comfy, though I had no real problem with the other one.

I tried a Bent Top - I didn't get along with the Dinky-style body, and the neck felt thick like a Classical.

Comment

Funny you should bump this thread, a professional photographer friend with a DSLR came down to practice and took some shots. Here's a Bent-top in action.

a tighter shot:

If you need professional photos in the SF Bay Area, I highly recommend Phil.
                      http://www.philipringler.com/

Comment

Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

I have played one and did not like them.great guitars but not my cup of tea

Comment

Working...
                          X