Rhoads custom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhoads custom?

Hey guys. I was looking at a post and brett8388 posted his pics of some of his rhoads. http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...c;f=2;t=001319 Im not really familiar with older rhoads, are those originals or are they custom shops? How might i aquire an original? Is the name still rr-1 or is it something else? Tell me anything i should know about these guitars, they kick ass.

Re: Rhoads custom?

Those were limited edition Rhoads (LTD Rhoads)...they were modeled after the guitar that Randy actually played (with a few minor alterations such as a OFR). Randy never played a RR1, he played the original Rhoads that Brett has. They were produced in very small numbers in '92, I believe. You can probably find one on eBay if you look for a while...be prepared to spend mucho $$, though. Oh, and stay away from Ed Roman...he has his shops make replicas of factory originals.

Comment

Although I like the current RR' styling, I too prefer the original shortwing version. Is there any specific reason that Jackson stopped making it?

Chuck
      "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

See, I know I'm not the only one out there who's wanted a Rhoads Pinstripe but didn't have $2K to spend on one.
        So... I built my own.
        I love Jacksons, always have, always will. A replica is just that. There is only one original anyway & it's in a storage facility with Mrs. Rhoads at the other end of the key.
        Jackson. A Jackson can stand on it's own.

Comment

Originally posted by Chasbo:
          Although I like the current RR' styling, I too prefer the original shortwing version. Is there any specific reason that Jackson stopped making it?

Chuck
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">because the shortwing version was just a prototype and randy wanted it the way it is now.

sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Right on, Sully! And Grasshopper, what do you mean Randy never played an RR-1? Hello?! Remember his black one with the brass hardware? Maybe not. Don't forget that JCF-01 was a re-issue of that lost NAMM guitar, which was the later shaped of his invention.
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I think he meant that the "RR1" didn't come out until long after his death...Wouldn't it have been a "Custom" at that point?
              Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by Jackal:
                See, I know I'm not the only one out there who's wanted a Rhoads Pinstripe but didn't have $2K to spend on one.
                So... I built my own.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">thats what i did too. . .see my tech Q & A thread. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X