X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KV-1 increasing value?

moin moin,

what's going on out there...?

What I wanted you to think about is whether a KV1 (the alder one) may increase in value.
    It aint build anymore, right?
    So what do you think?

by the way: does every serial KV-1 got a signature from dave?

adious amigos [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Re: KV-1 increasing value?

possibly, when all the forests get cut down. This is why I got mine in korina...

Comment

yeah I think the korina is "the better one". Indeed you's got to pay more for a korina one ebay...
      But I never had the chance to hear a korina. Does it sound better, darker?

Comment

Not all KV-1s are signed by Mustaine. Technically, the actual KV-1 model designation is a Mustaine Signature model, but the very early 1990s "King V USA" model does not have his signature, even though it has the same specs.

I've actually seen demand and prices for the KV-1 and Y2KV drop since Mustaine went to ESP, but the KV-2 is still going fairly high.

Korina's tone is similar to mahogany, because it is in the same family.

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

does anyone have an opinion?
          Wich one do you prefer?

...I did just find a store tells on his homepage he has a Korina V. I'll go there and have a hear on it... [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

it cost 1739€
          (sorry guys it's to late to convert)

Comment

Originally posted by der_kopf:

it cost 1739€
            (sorry guys it's to late to convert)
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">1,739.00 EUR = 2,063.60 USD

http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert.cgi
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I have a Korina KV2. I can try to describe how it sounds. I am not sure what music you typically play, I mainly play Metal. It doesn’t have as much metal “crunch” as my other Jacksons. It does however have a very crisp clear tone. What I noticed most about the Korina is that every note in a chord will stand out on it’s own a little more than any other guitar I own. I typically play a lot of black metal type music and when I play things similar to say Emperor, I really notice tat you can distinctly hear the individual notes better and they don’t all “melt” into one giant sound.

They also weigh next to nothing. I can stand an play my Korina V for a lot longer before my back and shoulder start to hurt. If you have the chance to get a Korina, I say go for it.

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by RacerX:
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Error: Missing Variables. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                X