Which USA Jackson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which USA Jackson?

Well having decided against getting an EvilSP, price wise, and getting a Jackson, I am just wondering if the bolt on makes much differetn sustain wise?

I know it has a bit more sustain than a bolt on, but is it very different that I should pay a bit more for an SL2H than a DK-1?

And also can Easton install EMG's when I order it?

cheers, owain

Re: Which USA Jackson?

There is absolutely no difference in sustain between a USA Jackson bolt-on and USA Jackson neckthrough. A USA Jackson bolt-on will have more sustain and better tone than an Arbor neckthrough, but that's because an Arbor neckthrough is a piece of shit.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Newc don't beat around the bush, tell the guy how you feel. Good point though.

Comment

like I said last time, this should be in a sticky post in the Tech section. The sustain myth just gets rehashed way too much around here.

If you want Easton Guitars to install a set of EMGs, why don't you ask him if he can and what sort of upcharge it will cost you?
        Hail yesterday

Comment

i agree with you G. quality wood is quality wood as well as good hardware. it all plays a part in the sustain dept.
          The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

So a Necktrhough will jsut have more access on the higher frets, and i'll email kevin now to ask about the pickups, just saves me doing it really.

So in your knowlagable opinion I should go for the DK-2 rather than the SL2H???

Anyway thanks for the info bye

Comment

I think the way the neckthrough feels it better to me, its so smooth and yet rock hard. Not to mention the better fret access, its all a matter of preference, what one do you like better? Then buy it already! You will love it.

Comment

thanks yeah it's mainly the access thing i have a KVX10 and find it really annoying witha standard bolt on, plus it aint got a trem which i cant live without.

The Soloist seems to be winning, I might get it in black ghost flames aswell

cheers, owain

Comment

Working...
                X