How's That For Advertising?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How\'s That For Advertising?

The center fold has a brief history of Zakk's LTD.Also one of Randy's vest that was given to Zakk fron Sharon is in the photo also.Very cool issue.it's definately a must have Zakk item.Reviews of the Marshall JCM 800(2203) and Zakk's Gibson Les Paul Custom shop(bulls eye)..Cort

Comment

i wonder what the teen, after seeing those inlays and the controls location, oblivious to everything guitar, to ask the guys on the Gibby forum what kind of Gibson V it is.

not to mention the issue reviews the Jackson RR1 and RR1T!

Comment

I didn't scan it, I just went to guitarworld.com and linked to the thumbnail that they have there. That's the biggest pic I could find.

Andy Oliphant
        The Thirteenth Hour

Comment

the inlays are bigger; the fretbaord was routed for sharkeye inlays (take 2 sharks, put em together, and put the abalone in the middle), but was just filled in with solid blocks. it's a new guitar that was ordered late last fall.

sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Nice that someone believes you this time eh Sully?

Comment

Just got my copy in the mail. When's the last time a Jackson was on the cover of Guitar World? Looks like I better stock up on RR1's and RR1T's! Someone at FMIC is doing a great job at bringing Jackson into the spotlight after being out of it for a long time!

Matt
              Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

It's pretty cool to see that Zakk has developed to the point where he's comfortable being seen with a "Randy guitar". I can remember that when he first came out, he concerned about being tagged as a Randy Rhoads clone being that he is blond and was playing a Les Paul.

And I agree that it's great to see a Jackson on GW. I'm more than a little tired of the Ibanezes, ESP/LTD's and Gibsons on the cover. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

That is GREAT to see. Now we just need to get EVH playing a Charvel VHII on tour this summer (with DLR back in the band, of course), and all will be right with the world. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Would like to see Zakk with an off center bullseye graphic black / white Rhoades stop tailpiece Custom. That would be cool.

Comment

Look at the pictures in the upper left...

http://www.rosshalfin.co.uk/randy-rh...-rhodes01.html

Comment

Originally posted by Birdzeyeee:
                        black / white Rhoades
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">A WHAT? [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Birdzeyeee:
                          black / white Rhoades
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">A WHAT? [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84:
                            Nice that someone believes you this time eh Sully?
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">...tell me about it. i saw the mag today... i wonder what's up with the steel saddles. they're on the 25th anniversary too. it's odd.

oh well, good times, right?

sully
                            Sully Guitars on Google+
                            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Diego; the two shots on Ross Halfin's site show a Rhoads with trem on it. Did Zakk have more than one made for him recently? Sully, did you see the pics in that link? What do you think?

Rudy
                              Rudy
                              www.metalinc.net

Comment

it's the same guitar. it has a vintage trem on it.

sully
                                Sully Guitars on Google+
                                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X