Another KV-1 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another KV-1 question

Did KV-1 Dave Mustaine signatures ever come with a Floyd? I know they came with Kahlers but I just saw my first one with a Floyd and all gold hardware. Is it legit?

Re: Another KV-1 question

To my knowledge only the KV2 models had trems.

Comment

If it's any help the serial # is KVMF081. And it does have Dave's signature on the headstock. I've only seen a few pics of it so far but more are coming my way.

Comment

KV-1's came with either tremolo or fixed. Both are legite. Dave played both and subsequently his signature had both. Hope this helps.

k
        "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Yes, the guitar is legit. That is a Musicians Friend limited edition Dave Mustaine guitar. There was also a Marty Friedman Kelly series.

Comment

Yet another KV question.....are the KV2 and the KV2T the same size??

Comment

Yes, the KV2 and KV2T are supposed to be the same size. The difference is the KV2T does not have bevels and of course the different headstock.

Comment

And the kv2 is shorter scaled. 24.75 instead of 25.5

Comment

You meen the KV2T is shorter scaled.

Comment

Hey Joe, where you been dude?

Comment

The KV2T is now a shorter scale of 24.75 whereas the KV2 is 25.5". Also just because your KV-1 has a trem doesn't mean it was a Musicians Friend exclusive. My first KV-1 from 94' had a trem and had nothing to do with Musicians Friend. FYI

k
                      "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Originally posted by veemagic:
                        The KV2T is now a shorter scale of 24.75 whereas the KV2 is 25.5". Also just because your KV-1 has a trem doesn't mean it was a Musicians Friend exclusive. My first KV-1 from 94' had a trem and had nothing to do with Musicians Friend. FYI

k
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Very true. The guitar in question, according to the serial number he gave, was indeed part of the Musicians Friend series.

Comment

Very true. The guitar in question, according to the serial number he gave, was indeed part of the Musicians Friend series.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Was the Musicians Friend series any different from the standard series in quality or otherwise?

Comment

Meant to say standard USA series.

Comment

The quality was the same, made in Onterio etc, but the serial numbers were KVMFxxx and all guitars were black with gold hardware. Some of them came with autographs but I don't know how they determined which ones were autographed. I am less aware of SN and other aspecs of the Kelly line.

Comment

Working...
                              X