Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR2 pricing ?

hey guys
    what would you think would be a good price for a DR2?
    i could pick one (97, in gph on ash) but liked to negotiate a bit
    cheers
    andy

Re: DR2 pricing ?

I got mine off ebay dead cheap, considering it is a USA. I think Beyers in Bochum has 2 off them.

Comment

I got one NOS here (blue satin/ash) for $600US back in `99. Just a bit of advice, that the Screamin' Demon bridge pickup isn't really a good match for an ash body.
      sigpic

Comment

600 NOS back in 99, thats a steal
        ok so i add germany, add rareness, add ohsc
        well um ok
        that means not more than 700usd for a used one over here right?
        and why wont the demon match the ash?

Comment

Sorry for the bump, but I've seen one for sale in France for 1300 euros. Out of curiosity, just how overpriced is this, even for Europe?

Comment

I´ve seen a couple of SL2´s having trouble selling for 600-700 euros here in Sweden in the last year, so 1300 euros for a DR2 might be a bit on the insane side. The JT580LP seems to kill the interest for these quite a bit.

Comment

Forgot about this post. The Screamin' Demon was just too harsh in the ash body, although it may have been fine in the standard finish (poplar?) model. I simply couldn't get a good sound out of it for metal, although the Demon sounds great in basswood. I swapped in a Full Shred humbucker and it's the best-sounding Jackson I own!
              sigpic

Comment

Hahaha, it's mine!
                Yep, insanely overpriced. I don't wanna sell it, but if I find someone going for that price, I won't be able to argue one second and let it go!
                It' was Srommes's weapon for a while, upgraded with OFR and an EMG ZW kit. i bought it from him before both of us joined the forum.
                As I already told Pott on the forum where my DR2 is on sale [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] No tricks, i was clear and honest about why it's overpriced.

Oh, last year, I refused an offer at 1500 euros. The guy tried it, then wanted it because he found it cool and because a reverse headstock dinky (USA) was way to hard too find down here in France.

Comment

Ahhh you're here too hahaha! I was about to suggest selling it on here because you'd have more chances [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

ok that was weird. French or English? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Nope, selling it here is a total nonsense, due to freaky S/H costs and other loony taxes. And a DR2 isn't that uncommon here, Newc already sold a metallic red one here. Way rarer in France (and yep, I'm French) [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Ahhh ok... That makes more sense. As you may have noticed I have NO idea about how different prices are in France so I pretty much base them on what I see here. Looks like I really shouldn't [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I hope you didn't take what I said about your guitar badly by the way, I really think she's a beauty.

Comment

Don't worry about that mate [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                        Just for the story, France is a really weird market for Jackson and Gibson guitars. People seem to have a real frenzy about these (maybe because they both retail at a minimum of $3000 here (2500 euros).
                        I already sold an Slsmg (EMG ZW and Sperzel) for 1100 euros ($1320!), and my RR2 (black OFR and hardware + Duncans upgrade) left for 1150 euros ($1380)! One on ebay, the other one was backdoored when on sale on the bay!

Comment

Well for those of us who want to know how to make a living, we can now smuggle USA Jacksons to the old continent and sell them with profit [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            I got mine off ebay dead cheap, considering it is a USA. I think Beyers in Bochum has 2 off them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. One in blue-purple burst and one in flat black, both NOS IIRC [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Yep, I saw these months ago... 1000 euros for the burst one, 2500 for the swamp ash one! For guitars that have spent between 8 to 9 years in a shop... [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X