Guitar construction pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar construction pics

Anyone here ever get pics of their axes being made by the custom shop?

Re: Guitar construction pics

I believe this is mine or at least one of the ltd tuno string thrus that was ordered for DCGL.

[ May 15, 2004, 07:32 AM: Message edited by: ejpii ]

Comment

Supposedly, they are doing that for all custom shop orders now.
      Get a free picture CD with every $2500+ guitar. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      It's just a nice lil added touch. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by A.Pulverizer:
        Supposedly, they are doing that for all custom shop orders now.
        Get a free picture CD with every $2500+ guitar. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I was emailed by someone around here last year (can't remember who it was) saying they believed this is my Kelly:

<center></center>
          It is possible as my guitar was built around the time these pics were taken and is the only transparent finished one in the early logs. There are two shots of this guitar being buffed and the neck lamination is visable in both, so it is no doubt a transparent finish. It could be it and it may not be it at all.

Comment

Here's a couple of shots of my King Kelly:

Comment

Here are mine.

Comment

How could they build a Strat head legally in 2003?

Comment

Originally posted by Spider Riff:
                  How could they build a Strat head legally in 2003?
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Toby's in Switzerland.
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

That is a gorgeous guitar. I hope the strat head becomes a permanent option or I have to get a ticket to Switzerland!

Comment

I'm surprised no one has tried to set up a "reseller" service to order custom shop stratheads overseas and sell them back to Americans.

Though I can't imagine many people thinking it worth the extra cost to ship a guitar overseas and back.

Comment

Originally posted by RP:
                        I'm surprised no one has tried to set up a "reseller" service to order custom shop stratheads overseas and sell them back to Americans.

Though I can't imagine many people thinking it worth the extra cost to ship a guitar overseas and back.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Supposedly, Toby got the last one. They won't even do stratheads for overseas now.

Comment

Another good reason that what I described hasn't happened. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I wish some of the guys that actually work in the factory building these things would post here. We could get some great info that way. .. Do any of them post here?

Comment

How do you get pics of your guitar being built? I'd love to have a status report or two during the year long wait for a custom.

I know the guys from Prototype got to tour the factory, how would you go about that as well? I'm well within driving distance of the place, I'd be fuckin' extatic to take a trip down there during my guitar's manufacturing.

Andy Oliphant
                              The Thirteenth Hour

Comment

Working...
                              X