Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Guitar construction pics

Originally posted by TEKKY:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Spider Riff:
    How could they build a Strat head legally in 2003?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Toby's in Switzerland. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I ordered the guitar in May 2002. That was before the FMIC acqusition. Since the Fender rights on the Strathead don't apply in Europe, Charvel/Jackson would still be able to legally build Stratheads for Europe. But now that FMIC owns Charvel/Jackson, FMIC doesn't want to build Charvel/Jackson to build Stratheads even for Europe anymore.
    FMIC committed to build my guitar, and the FMIC legal department cleared the delivery.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon:
      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by RP:
      I'm surprised no one has tried to set up a "reseller" service to order custom shop stratheads overseas and sell them back to Americans.

Though I can't imagine many people thinking it worth the extra cost to ship a guitar overseas and back.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Supposedly, Toby got the last one. They won't even do stratheads for overseas now. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">As far as I know, I really got the very last Custom Shop Strathead. It was a lucky timing not to order too late.
      But even whereas FMIC doesn't want Charvel/Jackson to build Stratheads for custom orders, FMIC licensed the Strathead for the Charvel 25th anniversary and for the new 2004 ltd. edition Charvels. If you really want a Charvel Strathead, you still can get one.
      I hope that FMIC will Charvel/Jackson license a limited nummber of Stratheads for custom orders, maybe 50 custom order Charvel Stratheads a year.

Comment

Originally posted by RP:
        I'm surprised no one has tried to set up a "reseller" service to order custom shop stratheads overseas and sell them back to Americans.

Though I can't imagine many people thinking it worth the extra cost to ship a guitar overseas and back.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You are not the first having this idea.
        But even if the custom shop would be allowed by FMIC to build Stratheads for export to Europe, buying via Europe would cause much additional costs. In the USA, you can get discounts up to 40% off the quoted price, i.e. in the USA you pay only 60% of the quoted price. In Europe, the dealers are not as generous as in the USA, and you can get maximum 20% off the quoted price, i.e. in Europe you pay at least 80% of the quoted price. From 60% to 80%, it's a price increase around 33%. Don't forget the extra cost for shipping the guitar back to the USA, and maybe some extra taxes and custom fees.

Comment

Originally posted by ejpii:
          I believe this is mine or at least one of the ltd tuno string thrus that was ordered for DCGL.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Have a bigger pic of the finshed version?

Comment

Originally posted by Iced In Flames:
            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by ejpii:
            I believe this is mine or at least one of the ltd tuno string thrus that was ordered for DCGL.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Have a bigger pic of the finshed version? </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Here are the pictures from DCGL I have to take some better ones myself when I get time. My camera was acting up the day I was trying to take pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby:
              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by RP:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You are not the first having this idea.
              But even if the custom shop would be allowed by FMIC to build Stratheads for export to Europe, buying via Europe would cause much additional costs. In the USA, you can get discounts up to 40% off the quoted price, i.e. in the USA you pay only 60% of the quoted price. In Europe, the dealers are not as generous as in the USA, and you can get maximum 20% off the quoted price, i.e. in Europe you pay at least 80% of the quoted price. From 60% to 80%, it's a price increase around 33%. Don't forget the extra cost for shipping the guitar back to the USA, and maybe some extra taxes and custom fees.
              </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Probably be cheaper to just get one of those retro stratheads and get it painted, routed, whatever to your specs.

I mean, if you really had to have a strathead to your own specs. Still expensive, of course.

Personally, I don't want one that bad.

Comment

Working...
              X