Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New "Q"....Which is better?

Originally posted by mccullpl:
    i think black. it does seem to detract from the top. now, if you had gold pickup covers, i'd say gold rings...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nah, then it'd be too much gold (it'd look like a large gold double-P90) [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    But then, black pickups with black rings would look like a large black double-P90 as well.

Black metal rings might look good with black pickups, or with gold pickups. If you really wanna detract from the top, get some creme pickup rings.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Re: New &quot;Q&quot;....Which is better?

Definitely GOLD!!! And I usually hate gold stuff... I like alot of simple and plain designs. Although I'd love a black and gold Marty F. Kelly! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Chrome/Silver
        Gold makes it look gaudy or to flashy to me.I think the silver would make it look elegant but not overstated and works well with black.
        Just my opinion,do what you like best. If you're going to play it a lot I would stay away from the gold as it seems to deteriate or break down quicker than the silver plating does.

Comment

Sorry.....I thought you were refering to all the hardware. For just the p/u bezels I think I prefer
          the black.

Comment

They both look incredible! Very nice!

Comment

keep the gold rings and the black screws. thats how jackson likely wouldve installed it had they done it at the factory..I have personally never seen gold pickup ring screws on a jackson..I know wayne matched screws to the hardware color...but will agree on a cherry burst guitar gold would get lost in the color scheme as does the bridge.. swap it to black !!
              john

Comment

Actually, regarding the Cherry Burst, I put gold rings on my NASL (that also has a gold Schaller and tuners and knobs), and it's a Cherry Burst, and the gold rings really do look nice - not too gaudy at all.
                They do get slightly lost against the amber in the center, but the black pickups contrast enough to keep the center from looking like a big gold blob.
                I'd use black rings on it if I put gold or nickel covered pickups.

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                  God Bless you all! Whether you believe in God or not, God believes in you, and so do we.
                  Newc
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Newc...Dude that is awesome!
                  >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Comment

Tough call since I don't really like gold hardware in general, but I say yeah leave the gold in. I think That guitar would have looked sweet with all chrome hardware personally.

Comment

Originally posted by HuntinDoug:
                        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Newc:
                        God Bless you all! Whether you believe in God or not, God believes in you, and so do we.
                        Newc
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Newc...Dude that is awesome! </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ditto. God bless you bro. Really diggin what you have on your web site.

..and now back to our topic [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Me? I would have went with all black hardware. But hey, it's your axe, you should go with what YOU like. Peace. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

All Black.... make the trans black stand out...

Yes... replace...

tuners...
                          knobs
                          bridge
                          string ferrules

and you'll see the trans black shine
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                          X