J0419 Soloist Custom Almost done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J0419 Soloist Custom Almost done!

This guitar was owned by a few of us here at the JCF. I thought you guys would like to see it now. I refinished the guitar this past winter back to the original color in the routes (Ferrari red) and left the humbucker neck pickup mod alone as it made it different from the rest. The Floyd is stock. I buffed it out and started reassembly today and am short a few items, but will have it complete in a few days. The pickups are old Seymours and are a '59N, vintage Strat, and Duncan Distortion in the bridge. I can't wait to play it!

Re: J0419 Soloist Custom Almost done!

Fine refin work, Jim! You've brought that guitar back to its former glory. The neck on it is like sex. Again, very nice work on restoring it to original color!
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Nice!!Great restoration Jim,very cool!!I'll bring my ferrari red 85' Soloist to the show this weekend so you can check it out!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Chucksplatter

Comment

Cool man! I would love to see it. I don't know what I am bringing. The Coors Light has been in the trailer since the last show, so that is already going. I may have to bring something pointy to scare the crap out of the vintage noodlers.

Comment

Nice job on that one! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Makes me nostalgic for my old SD Ferrari-red Soloist.

Comment

looks great. nice low serial with a floyd. awesome.

Comment

Sweet! Nice job [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Newc (former owner)
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Nice job, Jim!

Comment

Very cool! Though, I'm not really into red guitars and think it looked great in the natural finish when Chuck had it. [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img] Still, you did a great job in the restore, Jim. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I was going to keep it natural, but after sanding the body (it wasn't level and I didn't like the 'finish'), the nice color tone you see in the pic was gone. Notice how the maple neck and wings look the same in the pic (hard to make out the lamination), once it was sanded the whole thing changed in color tone, I then opted to go back to red.

Comment

Who here had the RR serialized Soloist that had two-tone body wings?
                      Anyhoo, now you know why they painted it red [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Newc
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] You know, I have people email and say "Why does it look like there is walnut inlaid in the face of that guitar". Its hard to convince people that mineral stained poplar looks alot like walnut in pictures.

Comment

Great-looking job, Jim! I really like the shade of red - a definite and cool '80's look.
                          Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Looks great! That was the heaviest sounding Soloist I ever played (Former owner).

Here's a "before' pic...

Comment

Working...
                            X