Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the Difference between an RR1 and XTRR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the Difference between an RR1 and XTRR?

[img]graemlins/help.gif[/img] Can anyone enlighten me on the differences between the RR1 and the Xtreme Rhoads? I don't believe I have ever seen an XTRR in person.

Thanks!

Re: What is the Difference between an RR1 and XTRR?

The immediately-identifiable characteristics of the XTRR are that it has a "Dinky Rhoads" size (7/8ths) and a reverse headstock.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply NOTP.... If this is the case, then my big ass needs to stick with more guitar.... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Here's some bald Canuck with a black XTRR:

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The body is actually a slightly different shape to a 7/8 Rhoads size - put the XTRR in front of a Rhoads and you'll see the difference, especially from the V area up to the top point.......The XTRR has reverse inlays and headstock, an unfinished neck, 1 vol and 3 way toggle and no scratchplate.....
          Cheers
          Ian
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Also ,Jackson stopped making the xtrr as it was not a hot seller. Gotta go used or custom shop.

Comment

Thanks Guys for the info. It is greatly appreciated. I was thumbing through the custom shop quote form and saw where that was an option and couldn't remember if I had ever run across one in the past.
              Thanks Again!

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                Here's some bald Canuck with a black XTRR:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">bastard [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

acually that is Daves guitar I was just molesting it , I'll never have the cash for something like that , and that finish is blk cherry he has emg 81's [that I installed last year] in there now instead of the invader / full shred set that was in there . and that guitar is the prototype for the usa select line xtrr's that came out a couple of years a go for a short while [so it is a customshop and says so on the headstock , as far as the prototype Kevin Easton told us that ans sold Dave that guitar when he still was in charge at Jackson/amic], doesn't look like there is much of a difference but when you play it it does seem quite a bit smaller than a normal rr , it feels that way to me anyway , I don't think Dave notices it that much he said but I do , compared to my old rr ex I had and the rr1's I have played and the pro rr's . very nice if your intrested in one and worth every dime . //Steve

Comment

i dig his watch. he must have super vision to see what it says...

Comment

A guitar without a headstock just looks wrong to me. It looks incomplete.

Comment

Steve do u still have that XTRR laying around?

Comment

The XTRR's neck is the best feature. As far as size of the person playing it goes, I think it's irrelevant. It's still a 25 1/2 scale guitar with great balance, just a more streamlined look.

I notice allot of the big guys feel they need a big guitar, but Steinbergers have almost no body and that doesn't stop this dude ... [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

it's not Steve's. It's Dave's.
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

lol, just got a littl confused cuz thats steve in the picture.

Comment

Working...
                              X