Violin Brown SL2H Has Landed! Pic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Violin Brown SL2H Has Landed! Pic!

Well, folks, after a long and arduous search, I finally got my first USA Jackson, a gorgeous Violin Brown SL2H, courtesy of fellow JCF bro' Model 88. Thanks again, man! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Being mindful of proper JCF etiquette, here's a pic for ya:

As you can see, this finish is strikingly beautiful. The color just glows. I LOVE it! It feels and plays beautifully, too. This guitar is PERFECT ('though I'll likely swap the pups for EMGs, and add strap locks and a TremSetter).

I wish I would've (could've?) sprung for a USA 10 years ago. I still enjoy my Japanese and Korean guitars, too, but this is the KING!

For anyone sittin' on the fence about going for a USA Jackson, get it now. You will be glad you did. I'm ecstatic! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Violin Brown SL2H Has Landed! Pic!

Mighty congrats!!
    Take good care of her!!

Comment

noice! very noice indeed
      Hail yesterday

Comment

That's gorgeous! Congrats! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] wow, I love that color!! Does it have a natural back or black or? I was thinking an SLS in that color. Jack.

Comment

awesome color congrats,now that you have the one what will you be jonesing for next?No one can stop at one

Comment

Jack, I think you would love this color. Here's a shot of the back.

Comment

I love it. I must have one! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Originally posted by diffrent strings:
                  awesome color congrats,now that you have the one what will you be jonesing for next?No one can stop at one
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Funny you should ask. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  While waiting for this to arrive, I jammed with a guy who has 2 white RR vees, which reawakened a long dormant need to have my own white RR vee. However, since this SL2H arrived, I have been focused completely on it, to the point that I wouldn't mind selling any/all of my other guitars, since I don't play them anymore.

There's actually a bit of a story here. When I referred to my arduous search above, I wasn't kidding. While I've wanted an SL2H for awhile, I started to search in earnest when the JCF member (sorry, forgot your screen name, bud) from Taiwan posted pics of his stunning SL2H in Silver Swirl. I tried to buy a new one on the spot, but despite the help of some wonderful dealers, I found out that there are none to buy (well, Ed Roman has one, but that doesn't count)! Jackson has none made. If you want one, you have to order it and wait for months for them to make it (I'd go Custom Shop if I was ready to do that, and spec it out my way).

Then, I expanded my search to include Trans Black ('cept I didn't want it to have any brown tone in it, which many Trans Blacks do). I put out an ad for interesting Trans or graphic finishes, and that's when I found out about this Violin Brown. I had forgotten about this color, since I don't see it much, but it's really something special, and I love the fact that the back is transparent too, unlike Trans Black, which appears to have a solid black back from the pics I've seen (correct me if I'm wrong).

Comment

Your welcome bro' I am glad it went to a good home.I thought those pics looked familiar [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                    Mike
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

congrats bro! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                      the colour is nice, but i personaly prefer black hardware. overall a fine axe.

Comment

Trans back-sweet [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Either an SLS or an SL2H Mahogany, oh ya [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

WOW!!! Very Nice! I've been debating on that color for a custom I am thinking about. How does it compare to the rootbeer color? It looks similar in pics but wanted to see if anyone has seen a Rootbeer colored guitar next to Violin Brown and see how they compare.

Ken

Comment

Originally posted by Model 88:
                            Your welcome bro' I am glad it went to a good home.I thought those pics looked familiar [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey bud,

Hope you don't mind me using your pics. I tried taking some of my own, but yours looked much nicer, and more accurate. Mine had flash reflections, etc. I'm a lousy photographer. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by kpacheco:
                              WOW!!! Very Nice! I've been debating on that color for a custom I am thinking about. How does it compare to the rootbeer color? It looks similar in pics but wanted to see if anyone has seen a Rootbeer colored guitar next to Violin Brown and see how they compare.

Ken
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I've never seen a Root Beer in person. Like to, though. I've only seen one other Violin Brown, and that was on an SL4 (Japanese). It was nice, but looked more like a straight brown to me. Didn't have the Hi Pro Glo like this one does (just a touch of orange/red tone).

Comment

Working...
                              X