Winter camo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter camo

I have been trying to find a pic of a winter camo graphic that would look good on a Kelly body.To date that has not happened.If anyone here could post pics of some examples of a cool winter camo maybe I can finally decide which would look right on this body. [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Re: Winter camo

Check this post I made and click on the links to find an appropriate camo pattern. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...627;p=2#000033

Comment

That's the most complete camo research ever attempted....some cool sh!t in there....thanks for posting the links!

I was fired up to have GMW do a camo spray job - until Lee told me that the current posted price list is outdated and that the actual prices are $150 - 200 more than listed [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Steve E

Comment

That is some great work there NOTP.

Comment

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Thanks, guys! There's obviously a LOT more camouflage patterns out there. I just went to Google's image search feature and chose some of the nicer-looking ones I could find that were more suited for the JCF Custom Shop Generator and the KISEKAE Generator.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest:
            Check this post I made and click on the links to find an appropriate camo pattern. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...627;p=2#000033
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Now you're speakin my language. Here is my 2 cents (from back in Jan):

Originally posted by HuntinDoug:
            This is more than just an inlay idea; this is the plan for my first (future) custom shop Soloist. I plan on ordering this for my 40th b-day in March of 2005. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Inlays are just a small part of the overall theme.

Specs for the HuntinDoug Soloist Custom:

Soloist
            Mah neck thru
            22 fret Bound ebony
            Mah body, Maple top,
            String Thru TOM (black hardware)
            One Humbucker (EMG 81)
            1 vol, 1 tone, on/off toggle

Paint Scheme: Commercial camo pattern (realtree hardwoods) front & back. Not a cheesy 3 color brown/green/grey, but a highly detailed pattern showing lots of depth & shadow.

Inlays: Starting at the first fret, a MOP oak leaf in a close up position, actually only showing a portion of the leaf. The detail in the leaves will show veins in a green abalone. The inlays will start in the upper LH corner of the block. As you ascend up the fretboard, the leaf sways in the wind, as it seems to be falling down & away, creating an "edge on" perspective making the leaf thinner to accommodate the shorter fret block. By the 7th fret, the leaf will sway enough to show the underside in green abalone. At the 12th fret, 2 Acorns. Abalone cap with a MOP nut. The leaf continues to fall thru 15, 17,19 & 21. The whole idea is to show motion, and a perspective from high in a tree.

To bring this whole thing together, I plan on supplying my own nut material (sounds kind of sick if you say that the wrong way) [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] . A Whitetail antler bone nut, with some of the slightly rough darker area still showing. The tuner keys will be cross sections of antler bone milled out just like a standard key (I already have them done).

The headstock Jackson logo will be abalone, with the custom shop logo, and HuntinDoug underneath (possibly). The idea is to create something that is unmistakably me. I have worked with 2 patent attorneys on other job related designs in the past. I already have a copyright on the leaf designs. And, they tell me when the time comes, they can contact Bill Jordan from Realtree to get the companies official OK for use of the hardwoods pattern. This is an idea I have had for 6 or 7 years now. Now I just gotta make it happen.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Original Thread
            >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Thanks NOTP I forgot about that thread.Great examples.Good work.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Insane leaf inlay idea, Doug! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] May your dream guitar come true. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

You're welcome, Richard. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Maaaan...Now you got me thinkin' about this again. I got a DK2LE on order with Kevin. That thing would look great in a winter camo. The body is already white....I may have to paint it up. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Great idea Doug [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I am probably going with Static stickers, black skulls and stuff!! Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer:
                      Great idea Doug [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I am probably going with Static stickers, black skulls and stuff!! Jack.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have a CD with 50 different skull designs on it in eps format. For some reason it wont work with my vinyl cutting software [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] ...I'm workin on it though.
                      >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Working...
                      X