Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RR-1T w/ no serial #

Because you touch yourself at night. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
    Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
    The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

Originally posted by brett8388:
      Screw that! How can you insure it? How can you trace it if it gets stolen?

If someone sent me a guitar with no serial #, it would be sent right back.

Brett
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree - send it back.

Comment

well, if nothing else, take it back to the dealer, have him call jackson and find out what the serial # should be. then get yourself a set of those stamps/dies and stamp it yourself; no need to ship it back to them, imo.

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Sparky - We had a guitar show up here a few months ago that didn't have a serial number. Maybe the guy in charge of serial numbers at the factory needs to step away from the bong? Anyway, the guitar had hang tags on it and the serial # was written on the tag. I put my customer in touch with the Custom Shop and he either brought the guitar to them or shipped it to them. As far as I know they stamped the fretboard for him. If you don't have the hang tags you're probably screwed, if you do have them, have your dealer put you in touch with Jackson.
          Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

The missing serial # problem is a real one...there have been several go out that way recently.

I got one of the last Custom Shop Firebirds about 2 months ago & ...yep, you guessed it.....I opened the box and NO SERIAL #!

Called up Tim Wilson & took a trip down to Corona. A 5 minute fix. Got a quick tour of the shop to boot.

Not a bad deal overall...
            [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
            Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Originally posted by Spider Riff:
              Does anyone here have their guitars insured?
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have mine insured as part of an addendum on our renter's insurance for our apartment. From my limited exposure to the topic, if you rent, it should be easy (though it will cost some) to have your instruments added on to your policy. It's DEFINITELY worth it in case the unthinkable should happen.
              Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

i am an insurance agent in NC. your guitars are covered under your homeowners or renters insurace as long is your not a "professional" musician. once you make money or "play for hire" then they become excluded from your personal contents coverage. a list of serial #'s and pictures will be helpful in the event something happened that would be considered and insurable peril. and of course a receipt is always nice.

if you have a custom shop guitar, you might want to add it as a "Schedualed Item" like people do for wedding rings and such. if you are a band thats incorperated, then you would need some sort of business policy to cover your equip.
                ~JW
                Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by gold moon soloist:
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">JAJAJAJJ [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by gold moon soloist:
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">hahahaha [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Fong

Comment

Here in Australia, you can take stuff into the police and they give it a marking that only shows up under UV lights. Would that work for insurance purposes? Do you have that in the states? Surely you could get some marking put on it to distinguish it legally!

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel:
                        i am an insurance agent in NC. your guitars are covered under your homeowners or renters insurace as long is your not a "professional" musician. once you make money or "play for hire" then they become excluded from your personal contents coverage. a list of serial #'s and pictures will be helpful in the event something happened that would be considered and insurable peril. and of course a receipt is always nice.

if you have a custom shop guitar, you might want to add it as a "Schedualed Item" like people do for wedding rings and such. if you are a band thats incorperated, then you would need some sort of business policy to cover your equip.
                        ~JW
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If it's not inappropriate, what company do you work for? My current insurance carrier had me do up my guitars and music equipment on a listing and we then added that as a rider, I believe. I do not play professionally, the closest thing for me being playing at church. Yet I had to add my equipment separately to our renter's insurance due to the value (9 guitars, 4 amps and various pedals and such.)
                        Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

I use Farmers and from what I was told they have the same policy on guitars. i.e. they are covered under the normal policy unless you are a professional musician.

Comment

Working...
                          X