Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any San Dimas Jacksons With Charvel Necks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any San Dimas Jacksons With Charvel Necks?

Were any of the San Dimas Jackson bolt Strats fitted with Charvel Logo'd necks?

Re: Any San Dimas Jacksons With Charvel Necks?

welcome to the forum first off, i don't believe so but the opposite is true, several charvels went out with jackson logo'd necks and charvel neck plates

jon

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Were any of the San Dimas Jackson bolt Strats fitted with Charvel Logo'd necks?

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="yellow">Hmmmmmmmmmm, good question.

Aside from the logo's, they were the exact same necks during the Dimas period.

Is it safe to say "never".....no. Likely, no...but again, everything was possible back then, and every now and then something comes to the surface to make everybody go "do'h!!" and a theory is proved or disproved.

But, think about this, there were only 504 serialized Jackson San Dimas Strats, from 1001 to 1505. Not a whole lot for roughly a 1 year production (1986). </font>

Comment

Certainly possible but I've never seen one!!

The Charvel logoed/Jackson plated era was later,starting(iirc)in 1995 with the Charvel San Dimas Series(some early ones had Jackson plates)!!

Comment

I know that there is a Jackson strat body with a Jackson San Dimas plate and a San Dimas Charvel neck out there. I swapped the necks myself [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] The Jackson neck was later destroyed in a fire. The original San Dimas Charvel Round Horn V body got a chandler neck and has disappeared.
          ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I know that there is a Jackson strat body with a Jackson San Dimas plate and a San Dimas Charvel neck out there. I swapped the necks myself [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] The Jackson neck was later destroyed in a fire. The original San Dimas Charvel Round Horn V body got a chandler neck and has disappeared.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] time for a traesure hunt.......

Comment

I know where the charvel neck on jackson body guitar is.... and it's not for sale. Brett (SLO100) saw the body and neck plate in a music store about 10 years ago, I haven't heard anything since then.
              ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

No. The Jackson neck plates were stored and moved to the new location as it was being set up, and since Charvel was going to be overseas/import only at that point, EVERY bolt on guitar that was leaving the Glendora (SD) factory received a Charvel plate instead. At least from what I gather/conjecture/understand.
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

<font color="yellow">The only point I was trying to make was nothing was impossible during the San Dimas heydey.

Check these out:
                  6-digit prepro plates (previously unknown)
                  Charvel plated Jackson's (a few examples exist)
                  early "Boogie" routes on prepro's

Is it likely, probably not...but, to say "impossible" or "no" is a strong phrase and just adds to the confusion and misinformation out there IMO. </font>

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Certainly possible but I've never seen one!!

The Charvel logoed/Jackson plated era was later,starting(iirc)in 1995 with the Charvel San Dimas Series(some early ones had Jackson plates)!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that there are a few Charvel logoed Jacksons that were made in the early '90s. Josie5 was trying to sell a '91 or '92(?) when he dumped all the modded pointies a few months back.
                    "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

But early 90s would not be a "San Dimas Jackson" James!!

Comment

I know, I know, but this was "San Dimas" speced pointy guitar Chuck AFAIK from the pics he sent me (unlike those reissues which are?, cool but not SD [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img].
                        "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

I know but again the question was "Any SAN DIMAS Jacksons with Charvel Necks??" so anything not pre-86' doesn't apply!!

Comment

Working...
                          X