Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

early 24 fret Fusion questions and info needed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• early 24 fret Fusion questions and info needed...

When did Jackson start producing 24 fret bolt-on fusions?

I know they came into standard production in what, 1991... but what are some of the earliest examples... San Dimas plated guitars that is..

I'm not too concerned about standard production, looking for more info on pre-1990 custom shop variants.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Re: early 24 fret Fusion questions and info needed...

Well, they were sold under the Charvel name from 89-91 and then in 91 they started selling them under the Jackson banner.

If there were any before then, they would be Custom Shop, as you say, and not Fusions yet.

Comment

Hmm... I'm thinking 1989 USA though. I know there were imports done at that time, but was wondering when USA Fusions first started showing up....

Comment

Originally posted by jeff300:
        Well, they were sold under the Charvel name from 89-91 and then in 91 they started selling them under the Jackson banner.

If there were any before then, they would be Custom Shop, as you say, and not Fusions yet.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nope, I own a '90 (which, btw, is f/s/t), and there are several '90s in the gallery. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, I just purchased an '89 Custom, pics soon to follow, so I was curious about early USA stuff....

Hmm... guess I should look at the gallery.

Comment

The Fusion was born in the early spring of 1990.
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Joe, check this out and tell me what it is:

It appears to be a 1989 custom Fusion... I assume it might be one of, if not THE first...
              http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I've been in contact with this seller for a few months now, and when the last buyer backed out, I finally purchased it from him. Payment sent and received... I will post better pictures when I get the guitar.

Comment

What makes you believe it's a Fusion? The ad doesn't mention the scale, and the pickup spacing looks slightly different than my Fusion. I'd assume it's a regular Dinky from the auction pics. A freaking beautiful Dinky, though. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow! Very cool man!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by The Eristic:
                      What makes you believe it's a Fusion? The ad doesn't mention the scale, and the pickup spacing looks slightly different than my Fusion. I'd assume it's a regular Dinky from the auction pics. A freaking beautiful Dinky, though. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">AFAIK only Fusions had the mini-toggle between the knobs (for the JE1500 mid sweep).
                      I've never seen a Dinky with it, or at least not with the toggle in the same spot.
                      (and the first one that says "yeah and it's got the Fusion-style lower horn scallop" gets hit with 2 Dinkys that have the same scallop [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

Newc
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

yeah and it's got the Fusion-style lower horn scallop.
                        [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Also, look at how much room between the headstock and the end of the case there is... I'm pretty sure a full scale guitar would fill that area up a little more.

I'm unaware of any 24 fret Dinkys from that time period either.

Comment

I had an '89 Dinky 24 with Dragon graphic. The body was identical to a Fusion body in every way. Infact I put a Fusion neck on it before I sold it. I will see if I backed those pictures up.

Comment

Actually, I hope it's NOT a fusion, as I much prefer the slightly longer scale, but from the way the thing looks, is that it might be.

I just really needed another white guitar, and this one has all the features I want... non-recessed Schaller, ebony, matching headstock, sharkies...

If you find them, post them please!

Comment

Working...
                              X