Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PC1 Score! And some charvel goodies as well...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC1 Score! And some charvel goodies as well...

I stopped by the local GC tonight - which usually has nothing in the used section - after dinner with my parents and some extended family, just looking to get a p'up for a project guitar. They didn't have the p'up I wanted, so I stroilled over to the used section just in case.
    LO and Behold - PC1 in (I think) solar.... killer price - has original case, trem arm, and instructions for the sustainer... I'll post pics and review in a few days.
    I think it is one of the "newer" ones though, as the fretboard has no real birdeye or flame to it...
    Also they had the following (sale prices):
    Charvel 5A in lava crackle - - -paint in great condition, fretboard a hair dry (lemon oil anyone?) w/ EMG's $449
    88 Charvel, #292 (I know the old owner) - EMG - $375
    Ibanez PL 1770 - Black in fair shape - $300
    DK2 in Crimson swirl #9694004 $299
    Carving DC 135 Blue/Green (almost Dweezil gren w/ a bit of teal or aqua in it) Original Carvin P'ups and the single coils have mounting rings as well... $599 (JG - you may want to take a spin out to see it - what 10 mins from your house?)

Anyway - everyone have a great holiday

Re: PC1 Score! And some charvel goodies as well...

Typos are us...
    Carvin and green?!?!?
    WTF - guess I should have had a few drinks at dinner, then at least I'd have an excuse for that!

Comment

[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

pics...PICS... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Was it the GC in Orange? I think I had a deposit on that Charvy 88. Was it purchased from Altel sound in Bridgeport? if so, I had a deposit on it for about a month before changing my mind and blowing a load for a custom King V. Supid kid that I was, sold the KV a few years later. Joe C. now owns it. it's the second one in the gallery.

Great score on the PC1
          "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Yep - GC in Orange.
            Sambencuda - I do believe that was the one from Altel, as the guy who owned it is from Stratford. I used to have #121, which I got at Brian Guitars.... where in CT are you?

TX - as soon as I get my digital camera back, I'll post pics of the PC...
            Played briefly (I'll take her apart and give her a good once over) - but so far, I am REALLY impressed with the bridge p'up (stock DiMarzio) - and the sustanier is a really cool feature. I can really nail some of the George Lynch stuff off of "Back For the Attack" with it.

Comment

Altel sound is were I bought my Charvel 88 brand new back in 1988.It was my first real guitar and I still own it do this day.Maybe I wil have to take a ride out to Orange tommorrow.I would love to pick up another one.
              Mike
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

They ARE great players.. I sort of regret selling mine....
                I didn't know we had so many "local" JCFers ! Usually the Mancester GC has a better used selection. That's where I got my ENGL Savage and my second Genz Benz cab... maybe I should head up there this week to see what they have [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
                BTW - They also had twin Hamer DC's that were SWEET, as well as a couple of Brian Moores. Just too pricey...

Comment

I'm in Milford! Man, tht number 292 sounds aweful familiar! I may have to go check it out.

I spent a lot of time at Altel around that time. Once somebody ordered a custom soloist with a saturn or nebula graphic. somthing like that. It had one shark fin at the 12th fret. The guy never came to pick it up. John at Altel offered it to me for like 1800 or something like that. Man do I regret not doin it!

Altel is still there, but I think they only deal in PA equipment now.
                  "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

I'm in East Haven...
                    Yeah - Altel used to GREAT deals on Calzone cases (I'm sure it didn't hurt that the factory is about 10 minutes away from them). I also got a great deal on a Yamaha RG there.
                    You are right unless my memory is shot - I believe the last time I was in there, their stock was all gone - just PA and sound reinforcement type stuff was left.

Comment

Working...
                    X