Jackson Soloist Info Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jackson Soloist Info Help!

what's under the pick guard? can it come off or is there a front route underneath it?
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Yea it could come off... it seems the single is attached.. i could just break the pickguard.. but i wont. and i would have ugly holes all on the top.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        A custom shop SL1 maybe?

The hum-sing-sing pickup combo is an SL1 style, but the pickguard and reverse sharkies makes me think custom shop. Extremely nice catch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not an SL1 but a late 80s Soloist Custom with minor changes from "standard" to approximate Jeff Beck´s soloist (J/C was still a "pure" CS at that time with no USA Select or similar series), the heel was changed a few years ago (not that the old one was any problem IMO) [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Judging by the Schaller Trem (which seems to be stock), I´d say it´s a fair guess to put this axe in the 1989-1990 timeframe, because in 1990 the heed was "cut away" to one like Micha´s, but in 88 the JT-6 would have been more likely....

[/ QUOTE ]

Went to a guys house to look at some gear tonight......

He has, in a case, a Pepto Bismol Pink Soloist that he says is the MODEL for the guitars made for Jeff Beck. There is no logo on the headstock.

The Story:

It's a guitar put together in this guys guitar shop/store by a guy named Taylor or Tyler (I forget).....from parts from the Jackson shop.

Jeff beck played it for a benefit or something, and then asked for a model to be made for him.

It was then owned by CC Deville of Poison fame.
        He covered it in tin foil and played and used it for years.
        It's now back to pink and in his posession.

Can anyone here verify that such a guitar existed?

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
        Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
        Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

Thats not a spectrum pickguard its a model8/Jeff Beck pickguard. Believe it or not there is a difference.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]
            A custom shop SL1 maybe?

The hum-sing-sing pickup combo is an SL1 style, but the pickguard and reverse sharkies makes me think custom shop. Extremely nice catch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not an SL1 but a late 80s Soloist Custom with minor changes from "standard" to approximate Jeff Beck´s soloist (J/C was still a "pure" CS at that time with no USA Select or similar series), the heel was changed a few years ago (not that the old one was any problem IMO) [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Judging by the Schaller Trem (which seems to be stock), I´d say it´s a fair guess to put this axe in the 1989-1990 timeframe, because in 1990 the heed was "cut away" to one like Micha´s, but in 88 the JT-6 would have been more likely....

[/ QUOTE ]

Went to a guys house to look at some gear tonight......

He has, in a case, a Pepto Bismol Pink Soloist that he says is the MODEL for the guitars made for Jeff Beck. There is no logo on the headstock.

The Story:

It's a guitar put together in this guys guitar shop/store by a guy named Taylor or Tyler (I forget).....from parts from the Jackson shop.

Jeff beck played it for a benefit or something, and then asked for a model to be made for him.

It was then owned by CC Deville of Poison fame.
            He covered it in tin foil and played and used it for years.
            It's now back to pink and in his posession.

Can anyone here verify that such a guitar existed?

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did it look like this????????
            http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-1987-Jackson-So...1QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Did it look like this????????
              http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-1987-Jackson-So...1QQcmdZViewItem

[/ QUOTE ]

No it did not.

No pickguard.

Had 1 Hum P/U and one volume knob.

Could be [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
              Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
              Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

What would you guys say is the value of this guitar? im just interested.. not going to sell [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X