Saw a custom SL1 with yellow lightning and Floyd Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw a custom SL1 with yellow lightning and Floyd Pro

Saw a custom SL1 over the weekend in GC. It had the coolest lightning graphic ever... yellow lightning coming out of reddish/orangish/yellowish clouds, had Jackson covered pups with an original Floyd Pro trem. It just said made in USA on the headstock, no Custom Shop or anything. Not sure what year it was, as I couldn't get to check the serial number since it was up on top of a display and I couldn't really get that close to it with the amps all around it, but it looked in great shape for an older model. They wanted $1299 for it, though.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Re: Saw a custom SL1 with yellow lightning and Floyd Pro

Did the graphic look anything like this one:

[ June 01, 2004, 06:23 PM: Message edited by: John D. ]
    Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Similar, but it was on a black body. The clouds were off-white, and a lot bigger, with the yellow/orange/red tint to them.

Cool guitar, BTW! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Very nice guitar. What is it?

Comment

Originally posted by sdavis80:
          Very nice guitar. What is it?
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">According to Jim Shine, it's a Strat 24. It has a pointy head and a 24-fret bolt-on neck. I believe it's from 1989 and it has the Ontario address on the neck plate. I lusted after this one for several months before being able to buy it.

I've submitted a couple of pics for the Gallery but they haven't shown up yet.

Comment

[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] I like it. I've seen DK2s in the gallery....wonder why yours isn't there yet??? No worries I'm sure it will show up eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by sdavis80:
              [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] I like it. I've seen DK2s in the gallery....wonder why yours isn't there yet??? No worries I'm sure it will show up eventually.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, I'm hopeful that it will get there, too. I also submitted my other Jackson, which has a tan snakeskin-type finish a strat-head neck. I think the other Jackson junkies here would enjoy seeing them because I know I drool [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] a lot when I cruise the Gallery.

Comment

Working...
              X