11 more months?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11 more months?

So Jacksons build times for custom shop are up to a year now? I'm never gonna get my damn guitar! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Re: 11 more months?

I've been waiting since DEcember 2002 for a simple one humbucker pointy head strat from Guitar Asylum. I wound up buying a Charvel Bulls eye from guitar X-press in the wait time. I want a Cross swords but screw paying the Charvel price and wait...I am going to get it from GMW>

Comment

Yeah I'm getting my from GA as well.

did ya cancel your strat head?

I was originally gonna get a custom BC Rich Beast but I found out my wait would be a year and a half. I think maybe I coulda stayed with it [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Iced In Flames:
        So Jacksons build times for custom shop are up to a year now?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's still an improvement vs. pre-Fender ownership. I've had to wait nearly a year and a half in the past.

Comment

Damn, I must have ordered at a great time. Mine took 5.5 months. Spider Riff - December 2002 for a somewhat simple guitar ? There's a problem there. Over a year and a half ? You know how many guitars they've built in that time ? If you have a work order # I would email McD from Fender. I emailed him and he mailed me right back with an approximate date.

Comment

Custom shop takes so long? [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

I thought it takes 6 months max.

Comment

I was told 4-6 months by a reputable dealer. Personally, I wish it did take a year, much easier to save up after the down payment [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Well I tell you since I got on here and discovered Easton guitars (Buying a Charvel 25th from him), Guitar Xpress (Just bought the 2nd to last Bull), and GMW (nice 1 hum FLoyd strat)....I won't go anywhere else. I feel a little burned by Guitar Asylum. I think back to 1984 walking into Sam Ash and just taking Charvel guitars for granted because they were in such abundance. Now you have to drive 3 hours to a store that will have some "Select" Usa model sitting on their rack with a bowed neck and 2 years of dust on it. I hope Fender turns the clock back to the 80's.

Comment

Hey Spider,have you talked to Rob over at GA?He is a totally straight forward dude and will tell you the problem.They have a real good rep,I have to believe the problem is out of their hands.I hope they take care of it quick for you.

Comment

Matt from Matts Music told me there is a 6 to 12 month wait right now.

Comment

Working...
                    X