SCORE! mid 90's SL2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCORE! mid 90's SL2

I think I just scored a mid 90's SL2 (the all black ones with no inalays an black binding) for 350 clams shipped! It was listed on eBay under a guy that had no feedback and was a new member. I e-mailed him to ask about the condition and I ended up taking a shot and offered him 250 (the start bid) he said he couldn't do it for under 350 shipped. Now I realize that I am taking a chance here, but I was on the phone with him for a while and I relly think he's legit. sent me a ton of pics. He sounded young. I have his address and phone, looked them both up and the address matches his name and phone. If it cost's me 350 to learn a lesson so be it, but I think this is a legit score. I'll post pics when it comes. Anybody have any production figures on these?

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Re: SCORE! mid 90\'s SL2

350 is a STEAL!!! I have the same one, only mod i did was changing the pickups to duncan. I'm sure u will love her if you are use to the inlay free fretboard.

Fong

Comment

I had an AT-1 for a while and I had no problem without the inlays on that! I may got to Duncans or EMG's.

Comment

I think you really got a great deal on this guitar. Looks awesome!!!

Comment

Congrats! That's a great price IMO.

Comment

Yeah, I was talking to that guy too. I wan't sure what it was so I didn't pull the trigger. Here's hoping it is all you think it is and more. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

They made these in the mid 90's before the SL2 that exists tody was introduced. I think in 96-98? I have also seen a dinky and Rhoads like this (no inlays, black neck binding and chrome hardware). The guy is real nervous about shipping. I asked him not to pack it himself if hadn't shipped a guitar before. I told him to take it to a UPS store or Mailboxes etc. we'll see when it gets here.

Comment

That is a great price. I had one and traded it a couple of years ago, to Dross. It was an awesome player...my only beef was the stock pickups. Put some aftermarkets in and you're rocking.
                Nice score. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

[QUOTE]. Anybody have any production figures on these?

I'm curious too, any idea where we can find the answer to that question?

And to my understanding, SL2 were only sold between 96-97. And judging by how many times we see them on the bay, it could be that SL2 were only made in 96 and were sold for two years.

And i'd love to get my hands on the yellow one when i'm back.

Fong

Comment

Actually, I was just wondering, if the guy was willing to sell it for 350, how much did he pay for it. Makes me doubt if he got the guitar on a legal way.

Leon..

Comment

Cool deal on a USA Soloist! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] The pickups are Armstrong, I believe, and the trem is the import JT590LP.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by El Bastardo:
                        Actually, I was just wondering, if the guy was willing to sell it for 350, how much did he pay for it. Makes me doubt if he got the guitar on a legal way.

Leon..
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I did ask about that he said it was on the up and up (like he'd tell me the truth anyway! [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] ). I talked with this guy for about a 1/2 hour lastnight. He said he bought it new years ago and just wanted to get rid of it. He was really concerned about nobody bidding on it. He wanted to know what would happen. He's a quirky guy, but I don't believe that its hot. I'll do a little more investigating when it arrives.

I am curious about the production numbers. I'd also like to know the production numbers on the Rhoads and the Dinkies (DR2?) as well.

Comment

So there was an RR2? Damn you might have just saved me some $$$ on a CS [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

NICE SCORE!!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm pretty sure. I can't remember if it was a neckthrough or a bolt on, but it had no inlays, black binding (neck only) and chrome hardware. Looked sweet.

Comment

Great score there! If you are into slight customization, I think replacing the chrome items with black would like very cool.
                              Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Working...
                              X