• Show
Clear All

Re: KV1 vs. KV2

Can you define "more punch"?
    Kind of Strato like?
    Or more bass and stuff?

Comment

The KV1s I've had were alder and KV Pros poplar. Also for the record the KV1s had different neck shapes and tuners. One was from 97 and the other from 2000. It's really hard to make any comparisons to other models when there are spec differences between production years.
      IMO TOM bridges bring out the body resonating better than Kahlers.
      My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Definitely gave it more punch with the TOM.

[/ QUOTE ]

Newc, how did the TOM line up with the neck angle? I thought the Kahlers generally sit a bit lower than the TOM?

If the Mustaine KV Pros are easilly convertable like this, I'd have to hunt one down... [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

I heard the 2000 KV1 (last year it was produced) had standard tuners and a fatter neck profile.

I have one made in 99, it has LSR tuners, and a thin speed neck. I believe it is alder...

Comment

Comment

hey which PUs do u have in ya KV? The anti-ZW-Set?
              I look for a change of the JB.

Oh, I just see you still got the Base-Plate. I got my off, and have no problems with string action.
              It sounds quite good, though I havent really played it WITH the Base-Plate...

Comment

In that picture it has Kremit's 81/85 set I beleive.

It now has a SD Invader at the bridge and a SD screamin' demon at the neck if I remember correctly.

Comment

Oh damn... I just dont know if I should fuck off the Kahler.
                  Sometimes I hate the sound, but on the other hand it has a nice soft attack and cool ghost notes. But the lower-strings defenitly suck!
                  I just aint got nothing to compare with. It's my only-child.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                    Mmmmmm....Kahler, EMG's, LSR....

Comment

And don't forget the blue ghost flames. Only one of its kind.I won't go into the interssting history of this guitar. Maybe breifly. It was a catalog guitar, a NAMM guitar and one of 3 usa select KV1's ever made, mine being the only one in BGF.

Details/explanation can be found ina post I made several months ago when I shared the picts the first time.
                      Thanks for the drools, I drooled over a KV1 since around 7th grade, missing grades for my Jackson catalog.

Kremit made a dream come true in my life, with added flavor..BGF.I'm going to reward him for that shortly.
                      Fuckin surgery...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        Mmmmmm...tittis... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          Mmmmmm...tittis... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                          Screw that, I'd rather have that KV than a nice pair of TITTAS!

Comment

Working...
                          X