Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Quality

Hey all,

How did the fender takeover affect the quality of the Jackson USA and custom shop models?
    Does anybody have some experience with this issue?

Leon..

Re: Jackson Quality

Search function...this topic has been discussed before.

Comment

Those dumb noobs always eh?
      Thanks, I'll check that right now..

Leon..

Comment

Short answer: improved it
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hey Leon I had the same questions when Fender took over but I had Jacksons from Akai and Jacksons from Fender and we are better off right now. Jacksons have gotten better ,at least to me, over the last year. Joe

Comment

my honest opinion from what i've seen, it's the same. there have been guitars that i've seen at kevin's that had some serious issues.

however, they seem much more interested in taking care of things in a timely manner, so that in itself is an improvement.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Wow Sully, you said SOME guitars. I thought flaws with Jacksons was very rare, I didn`t expect to hear that. Jack.

Comment

however, they seem much more interested in taking care of things in a timely manner, so that in itself is an improvement.

sully [/QB]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I've been reading this quite a lot in the fender/jackson issues. And frankly I'm a bit concerned, cause normally when you need to deliver the same quality in a shorter time, quality is the victim. Does anybody have any information on this?

Leon..

Comment

normally when you need to deliver the same quality in a shorter time, quality is the victim. Does anybody have any information on this?

Leon..
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I got 1 of the first Fender built Jackson's and I didnt seem to think the shorter time was an issue. took 8 months to get mine.
                  BTW, no quality was cut out of my guitar, cept I will say the studs that hold the floyd were not new, they were scratched and rusty. everything else was perfect.

Comment

Aren't they using CNC machines now? That alone will speed things up a bit and maintain higher quality level.

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:
                      my honest opinion from what i've seen, it's the same. there have been guitars that i've seen at kevin's that had some serious issues.

sully
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I really hope one of the guitars you saw at KE's that had serious issues was not a black SL2H....because I just ordered one of those from him. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:
                        there have been guitars that i've seen at kevin's that had some serious issues.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Interesting. Do you have more details about these issues? Somehow I don't believe that they would be too serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Shine:
                          Aren't they using CNC machines now? That alone will speed things up a bit and maintain higher quality level.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">As a CNC programmer for years, and in a similar situation my comments would be: I worked for a comapny called Kimber of Oregon, We made high quality .22 caliber rifles. After few years of making the machined parts on a CNC they bought a CNC mill for inleting the stocks. After I got it programmed and running smooth the production was way faster. like 5x faster. however the hand craftsmanship took a little hit. The stocks were coming off the machine almost perfect and then low $ guys would deburr them, not the gunsmiths like in the early days, so when they went to assembly they didnt get the attention they once had. Production was definatley up, but quality if anything prolly went down a bit. Just another 2¢ from my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by makovai:
                            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Jim Shine:
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">As a CNC programmer for years, and in a similar situation my comments would be: I worked for a comapny called Kimber of Oregon, We made high quality .22 caliber rifles. After few years of making the machined parts on a CNC they bought a CNC mill for inleting the stocks. After I got it programmed and running smooth the production was way faster. like 5x faster. however the hand craftsmanship took a little hit. The stocks were coming off the machine almost perfect and then low $ guys would deburr them, not the gunsmiths like in the early days, so when they went to assembly they didnt get the attention they once had. Production was definatley up, but quality if anything prolly went down a bit. Just another 2¢ from my experience. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">very good point [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by busdriver:
                              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by jsullysix:
                              there have been guitars that i've seen at kevin's that had some serious issues.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Interesting. Do you have more details about these issues? Somehow I don't believe that they would be too serious. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">sure...cracks in necks and in finishes which certainly could be caused in shipping. some of the other things that i recall was what looked like missing binding that was filled with epoxy (my jcf 01 had this) and some file marks on the fretboard that weren't taken care of after the binding was done. there was also cracks in the clear around the binding over frets nibs as well.

keep in mind that by nature i'm NOT at all an anal person, but these are things that i've noticed. however, these aren't things that didn't happen pre-buyout.
                              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                              Sully Guitars on Facebook
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                              X