Jackson Quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jackson Quality

well hold on to your seats boys coz whoever buys fender will get jackson............right or wrong? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

i doubt FMIC will sell out anytime soon, they're just so hugh now.
      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel:
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Fender sale value put at up to $500m
        By Lina Saigol, European M&A Correspondent
        Published: June 8 2004 22:00 | Last Updated: June 8 2004 22:00

Thirty-seven years after Jimi Hendrix immortalised the Fender guitar by setting fire to one at the 1967 Monterey Pop Festival, the musical instruments company is up for sale in a deal that could be valued at up to $500m.

Fender is understood to have appointed Goldman Sachs to look at selling the business, which is expected to be put into a competitive auction.

People familiar with the situation said the sale was at an early stage. Interest is expected to come from both trade and financial buyers for the business.

Weston Presidio, a US private equity firm, backed a management buyout led by William Schultz, chairman and chief executive of Fender, in 1985.

At the time, Fender was owned by CBS, which bought the business for $13m in 1965 from Leo Fender, who created the first electric guitar with a solid body.

Mr Schultz and his team had to rebuild the business as they owned only the name, the patents and the parts left over in stock.

Initially, Fender imported its guitars from offshore manufacturers, but soon set up a flagship domestic factory in California.

Fender guitars have become a musical icon. Designs including the legendary Stratocaster, the Telecaster, the Precision Bass and Twin Reverb.

In their last concert on the roof of Apple Headquarters in the movie Let it Be, the Beatles' entire backdrop was fashioned from Fender amps. Eric Clapton had two favourite Stratocasters called "Brownie" and "Blackie". Kurt Cobain, the lead singer of Nirvana, was rarely seen without his Lake Placid blue or red Mustang.

Fender's biggest industry rival is Nashville-based Gibson

Comment

Originally posted by makovai:
          definatley
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by 1959burst:
            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel:
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Fender sale value put at up to $500m
            By Lina Saigol, European M&A Correspondent
            Published: June 8 2004 22:00 | Last Updated: June 8 2004 22:00

Thirty-seven years after Jimi Hendrix immortalised the Fender guitar by setting fire to one at the 1967 Monterey Pop Festival, the musical instruments company is up for sale in a deal that could be valued at up to $500m.

Fender is understood to have appointed Goldman Sachs to look at selling the business, which is expected to be put into a competitive auction.

People familiar with the situation said the sale was at an early stage. Interest is expected to come from both trade and financial buyers for the business.

Weston Presidio, a US private equity firm, backed a management buyout led by William Schultz, chairman and chief executive of Fender, in 1985.

At the time, Fender was owned by CBS, which bought the business for $13m in 1965 from Leo Fender, who created the first electric guitar with a solid body.

Mr Schultz and his team had to rebuild the business as they owned only the name, the patents and the parts left over in stock.

Initially, Fender imported its guitars from offshore manufacturers, but soon set up a flagship domestic factory in California.

Fender guitars have become a musical icon. Designs including the legendary Stratocaster, the Telecaster, the Precision Bass and Twin Reverb.

In their last concert on the roof of Apple Headquarters in the movie Let it Be, the Beatles' entire backdrop was fashioned from Fender amps. Eric Clapton had two favourite Stratocasters called "Brownie" and "Blackie". Kurt Cobain, the lead singer of Nirvana, was rarely seen without his Lake Placid blue or red Mustang.

Fender's biggest industry rival is Nashville-based Gibson
            </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Fender is denying the rumor:

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.j...toryID=5386687

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/...12&newsLang=en

http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=3042846

Comment

I own a CNC filled machine shop, women in general make the best d-burring employees. I will take the time to put full attention into something because I care...I have to personally deliver to the customer and justify the cost and why I'm better than the next guy , women are generally more detail oriented. I've been saying it for years...a beutifully made part which meets every stringent tolerance can look and seem like a piece of shit if it is not d-burred properly....details matter.

Comment

I have one pre-Fender SL2H, and a Fender-era SL2H.
                The former is a nicer guitar, without a doubt. But there is nothing really wrong with the latter either, it's just a matter of feel I guess.
                My RR1T is Fender as well, and that's an excellent guitar. So for now, I wouldn't worry too much about the quality.
                The guy I buy my guitars from wouldn't sell a guitar with quality issues. Hell, I've seen him return a G&L for some blemish I didn't even notice!

Comment

To Dreamland Rebel: "You guys rock!" checked out the mp3's. I wish more nu-metal bands sounded like that! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X