Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever passed on a Jackson b/c of the paint job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ever passed on a Jackson b/c of the paint job?

Good question. I was initially avoiding that so as not to offend anyone! ha.

It's a graphic. Kind of hard to describe, but basically it's black with these purple-ish lines drawn diagnoally across, like from the top horn heading towards the input jack... in that direction. Sort of looks like the tip of a paintbrush was used to draw lines across the top. It's nasty when you see it. Sounds simple in writing, but nasty in person.

Comment

Can't say that I have. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
      Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
      http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

YES i have & not just jacksons. after owning a metallic pink Hamer Scepter V for many years, i said i would never own another guitar that i didnt like the color. i dont like crackle finishes or swirls or most graphics.

Comment

Hell yes. I saw a older RR1 real cheap at GC and a buddy of mine new someone and could have hooked me up. It was the beach scene one and I just could not stand it (its cool, but not for me!).
          "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Natural Korina. Get a Goldtop and be done with it. From the pics I've seen Korina has no noticeable grain (as compared to flamed/quilted/spalted maple).

[/ QUOTE ]
            I know I am biased but did you have a look on a Korina instrument with naked eye?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Yes , unless the price was such a good deal, then a refin would be in the works.

[/ QUOTE ]
              +1

Comment

About this time last year I was GASsing bad for a soloist & passed on a few really nice ones for as low as $800 because of the color or graphic. I figured someone out there wanted one just like it, & a quality refin would have put the cost over what I'd spend for exactly what I wanted in the first place.

Comment

I believe in refinishing in the name of restoration alone, and only in cases where the original finish has been removed.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Natural Korina. Get a Goldtop and be done with it. From the pics I've seen Korina has no noticeable grain (as compared to flamed/quilted/spalted maple).

[/ QUOTE ]

http://thornguitars.com/023.htm

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

could have bought a erie dess v for 700.00 new but the paint scheme is hideous to me

Comment

I would give my navel for a nagel, or the Art Deco Guitars with the geometric shapes and girl's faces that NewC hates [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But then again I owned this...
                        When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

I don't care for Crackles, the goofy beach/bikini graphics, Nagels, Decos, Biff/Bam/Boom/Wow, animal finishes (zebra/bengal/etc.), The worst graphic I've ever seen is the "sweat pig" one (whatever it's called). That one is just sooo beyond dorky. Like others have said, no finish would prevent me from buying a guitar if it was otherwise a good guitar and it was cheap enough.
                          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

cant beat those multi colored lightning dinkys

Comment

i really want an old warrior, but the jigsaw graphic on the one for sale here killed it for me. wouldnt mind refinishing it, but it seems like a shame to ruin such a nice condition guitar.

and i alctually like that fusion, a lot!

chris

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://thornguitars.com/023.htm

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fugly [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]
                                Looks like smeared shit [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But hey, I had this one:

I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                                X