Summer NAMM Relic Korina V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer NAMM Relic Korina V

I was checking out the Summer NAMM 2005 guitars on jacksonguitars.com and came across this:

[img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Not exactly my thing, but some unique features there! Reliced clear natural finish, Korina body and neck, bone nut, bound rosewood board, Seth lover pickups, what appears to be satin chrome hardware... I can't believe no-one actually said anything about this guitar so far. Was it not shown at Summer NAMM or something?!!

Re: Summer NAMM Relic Korina V

Not my cup of tea, but it gives me a good idea of what my guitar will look like after 20 years of abuse. This guitar was on display at the namm show. I was hoping USA Jacksons would not get Fenderized. I guess this is the first taste.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Not my cup of tea, but it gives me a good idea of what my guitar will look like after 20 years of abuse.

[/ QUOTE ]
      Do you have a KV-1 NAT?

Comment

Looks like a mock up to me....
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

It was at the show. Looks like they took a great guitar and screwed it up for no reason.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]
            Not my cup of tea, but it gives me a good idea of what my guitar will look like after 20 years of abuse.

[/ QUOTE ]
            Do you have a KV-1 NAT?

[/ QUOTE ]

nope, korina soloist.

Comment

I like the idea of the paf-style covered pups. But the headstock, inlays and relicing aren't working for me. Personally I think relicing (or better said, paying for it) is ridiculous.
              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Not my cup of tea, but it gives me a good idea of what my guitar will look like after 20 years of abuse. This guitar was on display at the namm show. I was hoping USA Jacksons would not get Fenderized. I guess this is the first taste.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it´s at LEAST hthe Second taste.. Last year there was a Relic Rhoads at Summer(?) Namm [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

That one I actually liked, but the Reliced KV doesn´t suit my taste too well...

Comment

Relicing can work for Strats and Les Pauls...guitars that have been in production for 50 years and have seen that kind of wear. Relicing a guitar that's been in production for about a year? Stupid. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Fugly

Comment

Headstock and inlays def. are not my cup of tea.

Comment

I like the inlays but not on that guitar, they seem more like SLS inlays or something for a more traditional shape, not a pointy. The aging shit has got to go though. Ugly as sin. Its a real shame because without that it would be a great looking guitar.

Comment

Yuck. I don't like Korina, I don't like covered pickups, and I don't like relic finishes. [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]
                          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            It was at the show. Looks like they took a great guitar and screwed it up for no reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 I saw it up close and it was ho hum at best. Not my cup 'o tea, and I love V's.
                            Scott
                            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

i like the gutiar, but the relicing seems out of place to me. the clear shouldn't really wear away like that b/c it's not nitro, ya know? anyway, it's too bad, because it would have been a nice guitar. i like the inlays and the headstock on it.
                              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                              Sully Guitars on Facebook
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                              X