Summer NAMM Relic Korina V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summer NAMM Relic Korina V

Don't like the finish but everything else looks good to me. I think that headstock goes better with a V-shape than the normal Jackson headstock.

Comment

Isn't that basically a reliced Korina KV2T. Headstock and inlays would indicate it as such, but being custom who really knows, I have a feeling they are trying to warm us up to that headstock on Vs
      I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        the clear shouldn't really wear away like that b/c it's not nitro, ya know? .

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly,it looks quite silly,almost like someone sanded the clear off then used the guitar as a coaster or something.

Comment

Isn't it funny how relicing a guitar costs more..yet at the same time a guitar that is beat to shit wont get the bucks. I am totally kornfused. I don't get it either. I mean, soon there will be an upgrade per chip. HEHE
          Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
          http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Isn't it funny how relicing a guitar costs more..yet at the same time a guitar that is beat to shit wont get the bucks. I am totally kornfused. I don't get it either. I mean, soon there will be an upgrade per chip. HEHE

[/ QUOTE ]

Get the CS to send to your shop so that you can put a kick ass graphic on it. Mike we are counting on you to save this Jackson. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

That headstock always ruins it for me, put the real Jackson headstock on there or something to the effect of the Y2KV head and it would rule.
              I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

I used to think the same way, but I have a SLSMG, and the headstock has grown on me...
                Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

That was THE BEST sounding and playing Custom at the Summer Show. It felt broken in and really had a great vibe to it.

BTW, it has a real nitro finish, not urethane or polyester. Also, it's the best white Korina I have seen in a while.

Sorry some of you see it as "Fenderized". The intent was to give it a classic vintage look, knowing full well it is only a 3 year old model. Relax guys....enjoy the irony - Jackson guitars are supposed to be fun!!

The pic does it no justice...you gotta play it to understand it. I think Tekky played it for a few minutes. Whoever buys it will have a fine "player" - it's a kick ass tone machine!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I used to think the same way, but I have a SLSMG, and the headstock has grown on me...

[/ QUOTE ]

i think that headstock, along with the sharkeye inlays are two of the coolest things that they've come up with in years. yeah, it may not be traditional jackson, but it is a little more modern and doesn't have the hair metal stigma like a regular pointy does (to some).
                    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Well as for my opinion. I think it looks great! Korina V and relic are an amazing theme. If this was my custom order I would get 22 frets, JB/Jazz, sharkfins and an ebony board. But I do think the SLS head goes well with this specific guitar. I would have still prefer ivoroid-bound matching Korina pointy though. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

But as this is not my custom order all I can do is [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

I would LOVE to see more pics of this!

Comment

Working...
                      X