Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

please tell me about this guitar...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: please tell me about this guitar...........

i love the way it plays and sounds i'm just bored/sick of the graphic and since it ain't worth anywhere near it's value . i'll just refin it so i can live with it. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] uh by the way it is MINE! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Hell yes, why not would be sweet.

Do you do your own painting or have a guy? If not GMW is the shit for Jackson refinishes.

Comment

i own a guitar repair shop and we build custom guitars from scratch in house. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

but thanks very much for the tip. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by 1959burst:
            i love the way it plays and sounds i'm just bored/sick of the graphic and since it ain't worth anywhere near it's value . i'll just refin it so i can live with it. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] uh by the way it is MINE! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The collector in me just dies a little when people refin nice guitars. I only believe in refinishing things that already have the original finish destroyed. It kills the potential collectible value, otherwise. (And don't lay that "I'm a player, not a collector" line on me. I play every single one of my guitars, hard. In fact, I play for a living. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] ) Of course you can do what you want with it, but it's beautiful as it is. Nice, original, complex graphics aren't too easy to come by.

Comment

bro i'm a collector/player with a rather large collection of rare vintage guitars pre 1966. like the man says est value $500-$650, i like the way it plays/sounds but i'm sick of the graphic. would i refin my burst?58 335? 62 sherwood green metallic strat........NO but a $650 jackson YUP! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Exactly! Good response.
                "POOP"

Comment

well i don't wanna piss no one off, but i'll show ya when it's finished and i'm sure you agree that it was for the better. well at least i'll be happy. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Man, I still can't get over your double cutaway, Firebird necked, project guitar. Does the headstock have a different zip code than the guitar's body? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Seriously, it's cool as shit. I love guitars that are "different" and I'm truly impressed with your workmanship.
                    "POOP"

Comment

well thank you very much, i wanted something different and i wanted to experiment with different woods (hence the walnut & poplar). my next personal axe (if i can finish up exsisting orders)is gonna be the same sort of body style but with a 22 fret hondurean mahogany neck,brazillian rosewood fingerboard, flying vee headstock. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by LRGman:
                        definately
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You know, "surely" might be easier for you to spell. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by 1959burst:
                          i own a guitar repair shop and we build custom guitars from scratch in house. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Why not build a new body for it and save the original 'as-is'? These graphics are the Jackson equivalent of Custom Colors.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Shine:
                            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by 1959burst:
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Why not build a new body for it and save the original 'as-is'? These graphics are the Jackson equivalent of Custom Colors. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">no offence intended but in that resale range why not just respray it instead of building a new body? i could see if it was worth more but it's not. i never thought it was that low of a resale, until now. building a new body is more trouble/time than it is worth. am i the only one that sees this?
                            [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

But who knows what the value will be tomorrow. If this was some regular color, I could see the point but you are talking about stripping off an airbrushed graphic which could never be exactly duplicated.

Comment

jim i'm a few days shy of 48! i'm not going to wait to see if the market on these killer but sadly undervalued guitars goes up. i got it to play,but this peticular graphic just turns me off!......................now do you see? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X