Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

please tell me about this guitar...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please tell me about this guitar...........

since my forte is vintage axes, i need help with you jackson experts on this board, the information i got is as follows on this axe "Description
    This one is a fantastic USA made Fusion with a stunning Sunset Beach graphic. Made in 1990 it comes from the first ever run of Jackson Fusions. The Fusion was Jackson's masterful attempt to "fuse" the characteristics of the traditional strat shape with the traditional les paul scale length. The playability of the finest strats fused with the percussive attack of a les paul is the Fusion model. The 24 fret bolt on neck is perfect, little fret wear, straight as an arrow, plays like a million bucks, very fast and comfy with its 24 3/4 inch scale length. Ebony fingerboard with beautiful mother of pearl sharkfin inlays and jumbo fret wire. The Jackson logo is also inlaid in mother of pearl. The electronics package is killer: a pair of Jackson J-200 bilevel humbucking single coils and a Jackson J-50 bridge humbucker. These are connected to the fabulous Jackson JE-1500 active circuit which is an envelope filter. When the mini toggle is switched off the active circuit acts as a mid range booster giving the single coils an almost humbucker tone, perfect for that David Gilmour thick soloing sound. The second knob adjusts the amount of midrange "fat" you can add. When the mini toggle is switched on the circuit acts as a wah effect set to a fixed position. The second knob selects a midrange frequency of your choice and then you can boost it to the stratosphere. If you can roll the knob from 0 to 10 you'll actually create a wah wah effect. The Schaller/Jackson double locking Floyd Rose tremelo is perfect, all moving parts are working properly and this offers the utmost in pitch stability. The vivid graphic is full of colors: blues, reds, yellows, bright whites, oranges and more to create a realistic sunset scene.SER# 000301 on a ontario california neck plate" any help would be appreciated.......... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Re: please tell me about this guitar...........

[img]graemlins/help.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

usa series (that's what they were called then) sunset beach graphic...made in the custom shop alongside the customs but in small lots of 10-15 guitars...i guess you could call them very limited proction guitars [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ...otherwise most of your info looks correct...i think...d.m.
      http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

thanks man very much! cool................ [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

You already got the info and DM nailed the rest. That is the only sunset graphic I have seen that I like. Great guitar I have a fusion with a different graphic. Probably 500-650 resale wise if thats what you want to know.IMO

Comment

Originally posted by diablomozart:
            usa series (that's what they were called then) sunset beach graphic...made in the custom shop alongside the customs but in small lots of 10-15 guitars...i guess you could call them very limited proction guitars [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ...otherwise most of your info looks correct...i think...d.m.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">oops sunset beach? i look at the graphic and there is no beach just sky? i have seen a few others that are called sunset beach and they show a beach..............i'm confused now [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

I believe its just called sunset.

jackson

There are some with a woman on a beach with a sunset in the background and those were called bikini beach.

Comment

my bad...i get the variations confused sometimes [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ...i've heard it referred to as california sunset as well...d.m.
                http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Who wrote the propaganda on that guitar?! Sound like our own Charvel750XL otherwise known as Joe Corsano.

Comment

dunno got that from the guy i got it from but it wasn't him............LOL

Comment

Originally posted by LRGman:
                      I believe its just called sunset.

jackson

There are some with a woman on a beach with a sunset in the background and those were called bikini beach.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">cool! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Probably 500-650 resale wise if thats what you want to know.IMO
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">i'd burn it first and smash it on stage before i'd sell it for the price of a new epiphony
                        [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Exactly, nice guitars worth way more as players and eye candy than resale value. Nice guitar definately a keeper.

Comment

Exactly, nice guitars worth way more as players and eye candy than resale value. Nice guitar definately a keeper.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">EXACTLY! i might just strip the body and refin it in METALFLAKE! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by 1959burst:
                              i might just strip the body and refin it in METALFLAKE! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X