Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

please tell me about this guitar...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: please tell me about this guitar...........

Originally posted by RacerX:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by LRGman:
    definately
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You know, "surely" might be easier for you to spell. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Uh, I did that on purpose so you could post. Yea thats it. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by 1959burst:
      jim i'm a few days shy of 48! i'm not going to wait to see if the market on these killer but sadly undervalued guitars goes up. i got it to play,but this peticular graphic just turns me off!......................now do you see? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I see your point now. It is unfortunate that you would rather kill a graphic when you have the skills to make another body. I guess I can look at it as it helps the value of the survivors.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Shine:
        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by 1959burst:
        jim i'm a few days shy of 48! i'm not going to wait to see if the market on these killer but sadly undervalued guitars goes up. i got it to play,but this peticular graphic just turns me off!......................now do you see? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I see your point now. It is unfortunate that you would rather kill a graphic when you have the skills to make another body. I guess I can look at it as it helps the value of the survivors. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yes i have the skills to pay the bills but my time is very valuable. time is money [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Its not now, nor will it ever be worth anything because of the graphic, AND its ugly as hell!
          I say paint it!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Shine:
            I guess I can look at it as it helps the value of the survivors.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I like you, Jim! You're "Always look(ing) at the bright side of life!" [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yep my fusion with original graphic just went up $3.96 in value. Get to refinishing you guys. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Chuckracer:
              Its not now, nor will it ever be worth anything because of the graphic, AND its ugly as hell!
              I say paint it!
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">AMEN!It will be worth more as a refinish. Its like the Nagel graphics, can't give them away; it is sure evidence that too many peole were doing coke in the 80's.

Oh, I hope spelled everything right so that damn Letterman fellow doesn't catch me again.

[ June 10, 2004, 03:58 AM: Message edited by: LRGman ]

Comment

Originally posted by 1959burst:
                bro i'm a collector/player with a rather large collection of rare vintage guitars pre 1966. like the man says est value $500-$650, i like the way it plays/sounds but i'm sick of the graphic. would i refin my burst?58 335? 62 sherwood green metallic strat........NO but a $650 jackson YUP! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree...its your guitar and if you play em and keep them do whatever you want with them. There isnt much de-value in refinning it to something that you'd like. Worry about the value 3 generations from now [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Just a thought, but what about buying a cheap project body off the net, perhaps ebay? That way, you could save the body and not hassle with building a body yourself? Who knows, someday there might be a market for that graphic.
                  Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Yea, you should wipe that bad boy down, build an air proof display case, install a high voltage protection system, follow up with a state of the art surveillance system, and then sit back and wait about 30 years for the value to skyrocket into five figures.

By the way, you'll be about 88 years of age. You might consider adding my name in your will as a recipient of the guitar in case you expire prior to cashing in on this holy grail of guitars. I'll be sure and use the proceeds from the sale to have your cemetary plot maintained with fresh flowers. What kind of flowers do you prefer and remember, I'll have minimal funds to work with.
                    "POOP"

Comment

That used to be mine. I bought it from a dude in Canada three years ago and sold it last winter to a dude in California. That's also my narrative used to describe it. Surprised you want to refinish it. I don't give a rat's hair if you do or you don't, but since you're a guitar collector I'm kinda surprised you paid that much for it and didn't realize its value. Now you want to refinish it. I thought collectors chose their pieces for what they were, not for what you could make them into.

Several years ago I sold a MINT USA Kelly KE-2 in Purple Pavo finish. It sold for $1200 with case and shipping. At that very same time on eBay there were KE-2's selling for under a grand. But they had wear and tear. So the dude buys mine and has it refinished with some Megadeth album cover graphics. Huh?! Why'd he buy the minty Kelly only to have it refinished when he could have bought some of the gently used ones for hundreds less? The graphic cost him $650 by the way! So he had $1850 in that guitar.

But don't listen to me, it's your guitar and you rightfully own it and can do whatever you want with it. Do me one favor though, open the control cavity and tremolo cavity and see if my name and address are on them...
                      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                      Gotta get away from here.
                      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

no name no address, i got the axe in a trade i did..................i collect vintage axes pre 1966. i'm using it to play not sit in a vault. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X