So I tried out an SL2H last night...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I tried out an SL2H last night...

And no, I didn't get it. It was sweet, but I did not like the way it felt compared to my old Japanese Charvel. Just wondering if you folks might know how a DK1 would compare to a Charvel 375 (maybe 475?) I got the Charvel on eBay for $250 and I LOVE the neck, but it's kinda beat up and I'm itching to get a high-end US model with a similar feel. Is the neck on the DK1 similar to the Charvel? Is it different than the SL2H? (Besides being a bolt on of course)

Any info appreciated. Thanks

Re: So I tried out an SL2H last night...

Well, the DK1 is a thinner neck but the difference is very slight compared to a SL2H. Either way, they're both prett fast necks.

Comment

Thanks man. Nobody around here has a DK1 that I can try out. I'm really tempted to get one online, but it's a lot of money to pay for a guitar that I haven't even tried out.

Comment

If you can you should try to play a few, they all feel a little different. I have a 2001 trans Black SL2H and at first I wasn't that crazy about the neck, compound radius was kind of fat from the 1rst to 10th frets, but after I played it for a while I fell in love with it. My buddy has one that is a 95-96? ghost blue flames finish and the neck feels completely different. I know what you mean about those old charvel necks, i have an 87 Model 6 that just completely smokes, if I don't play it for a while I always forget how effort less it is to play.
        If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Dude, try a DK-2 or better yet, a DKMG or DXMG. I know they are not USA but why drive yourself crazy? They are readily available on eBay and are great axes and if you decide you don't like it then sell it and move on. I have all kinds of different guitars including a USA Fusion (bolt-on) and recently a 375 Deluxe and yes, the Japanese Charvels and certain Jacksons have KILLER necks. I feel the same way about the SL1's and SL2's. I have played maybe 6 and 3 I like and 3 I definitely do not. It's just one of those things. Tell you what though, my SLSMG is one of the nicest feeling guitars I have played. Peace, out.

Comment

Agreed. I think necks are a personal thing, depending on how big your hands are, how long your fingers are, how fat your fingers are, etc. I have a Japanese made Dinky that has a relatively thick neck that I like.

Telly

Comment

Hey, man, you're not the only one. I played an SL2H a few months ago and I didn't like the neck on it as much as on my 650xl. I was kind of disappointed because I had such high expectations for the USA Jackson. I guess it goes to show yet again how good those Japanese Charvels really were.

Comment

I know what you mean I sold my SL2H so I could finance two import Charvel 750s.They are awesome guitars for the money [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                Mike
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

On the other hand...I played a KILLER Snow White SL-1 at a local shop here yesterday and I am seriously considering selling a bunch of stuff to buy it. They want $1400 for it. It is by far the nicest playing and sounding USA Soloist I have played. That's alot of clams though. Hmmm......

Comment

Well, I hope I like the neck, because I just scored a DK1 on eBay. Technically, since my other axe is a Charvel, this is my first Jackson!

I'm so excited! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3730032425

Comment

Sweet.

Comment

Working...
                      X