Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone how how to verify authenticity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone how how to verify authenticity?

It was made in ontario even though the plate says sandimas.

Re: Does anyone how how to verify authenticity?

This is an issue with bolt-on guitars. There have been guitars discussed here that had alternate neckplates or other parts swapped out.

I wish Jackson still did it, but when I got my snakeskin Dinky, I contacted Jackson and they verified the serial number for me and even faxed me the build order for it. I really appreciated that but sadly, they don't seem to be able to do that nowadays. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Ya I saw on the web site that it was made in Ontario , the guy who sold it to me actually stated it in his description. by the way it came today (overnight delivery? unheard of off of EBay) and the neck on this thing is sweeeeeeeeet!
      It's got a Jackson trem on it and I think I'm going to but an Original Floyd on it. any Opinions on taht as far re sal goes? Plays Just awesome. Now if I could get by buddy to sell me his 83 George Lynch Charvel #2651..........
      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Oh and if it makes any difference the Serial # is actually 5120 not 6120 as I previously posted.

Comment

Does anyone how how to verify authenticity?

Hi all, my first post (of many to come). I just bought a Snakeskin Jackson off of EBay. San Dimas Plate #6120. Is there any way to verify that the neckplate with that Serial # went on a Snakeskin Strat? The jackson website says this is an Ontario made strat. I'm receiving it today. I'll post pics when I get it.
          I always wonder what keeps someone from yanking a San Dimas plate from a guitar that's trashed (albeit an original San Dimas) and putting it on another newer model.
          thanks for any help on this guys
          great Group! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick:
            Oh and if it makes any difference the Serial # is actually 5120 not 6120 as I previously posted.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Shucks, 30 axes short [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey Nick,

It's Kenn! I'm glad you like the Snake, as I said, she was a favorite of mine. I actually shipped her 3-day select, but for some reason it only took one day.

The bolt-ons from that time frame all had SD plates, but were Ontario made. It has been said that they just continued to use whatever plate they had even after the move.

Good luck with her... [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

-Kenn

Comment

Hey Kenn,
                I ordered an Original Floyd today.(don't like the Jackson trems the screws strip too easy) I've got Jim Mouridian here in Cambridge (he does all of my guitars, awesome luthier) he's going to put the floyd in for me and fix the wiring. I don't know if you did or the previous owner did, but someone messed up the pickup wiring. It looks like the humbucker is non original,(looks like a seymour) and thats when it probably happened. can't run more than one pickup on at once or they go all out of phase. Easy fix, I'm even playing around with the idea of putting in classic stack duncans to replace the single coils that are in there. I've got them in my SL1 and they sound great. as long as I don't have to do any routing to make them fit.
                A buddy of mine came over and checked it out last night and he got me all crazy about the San Dimas plate and the Serial # and the Logo 's not MOP, and blah, blah blah...
                That's why I was looking to see if I could find a way to match the plate to the guitar, but actually since I see you're in here as part of this community,...well I feel a lot better now (Ok relax... it's cool)
                Thanks again man, just a killer playing Guitar and the finish looks so much better in person than it did in your pictures.!! I am so completely stoked!

Comment

Working...
                X