Binding or Not? Custom Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Binding or Not? Custom Soloist

I have it pretty well down to what I want in my Custom Soloist, but the 1 thing I keep going back and forth with is ti bind the headstock or not. Well, she will be all natural mahognay including the headstock with an ebony board, MOP Iron Cross inlays ans black binding on the fretboard, not so much for looks, but to cover the fret tangs on the ends. so, if the headstock is going to be natural mahogany and the Jackson logo will be either MOP(inlaid hopefully) or real Ebony inlaid Jacksons logo, so my question to ya`ll, should I bind the headstock in Black or leave her plain? Thank you-Jack.

Re: Binding or Not? Custom Soloist

If the headstock were going to be black, I wouldn't bother with the binding. If it's going to be natural mahogany, then I'd do the black binding. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

it is deffinatley going to be natural mahogany, but the Jackson logo will either be MOP or real Ebony, like the fingerboard [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

It'll definitely look real sharp with the black binding and ebony logo! If they can't do the ebony logo, I'd personally go for abalone instead of MOP.

Comment

I think they will do the Ebony logo, and I bet the MOP doesn`t show up really well on the natural mahogany headstock. The only thing is, I don`t really care for abalone, so I am hoping they go for the ebony inlaid logo. I will probably go for the Black binding, I think it will set off the neatural mahogany quite well. I am also getting the Made In USA logo in black and also Custom Shop on the back of the headstock, but not sure of that color, probably black, not as big a deal, because it will be on the back of the headstock. Jack.

Comment

Sounds cool. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] See if Zamiale can send you pics of his mahogany Kelly with black binding. Here's the thread, but the pics aren't up any more. http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...2;t=001247;p=1

Comment

Ebony logo with black binding ought to be very eye-catching. I vote for that combo on your Custom.
              Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Thnaks guys, I emailed Zamiale, hopefully he will send me many pics of his sweet Kelly [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I just realized they offer the burnt on logo, what do you think, Burnt or Ebony? Jack.

Comment

Thats a toughie there Jack I think ebony would be very classy looking with the black binding, but the burned logo might ruin the effect.Its going to be one bad ass guitar thats for sure very cool idea.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I think the guitar would look awesome with black binding on natural mahogany. Go for it.

Comment

Jack why don't you go to the custom shop generator and get kind of an idea of what it will look like. I use that all the time for ideas I have and I'm changing my mind a lot after seeing it. I vote no binding ,it would match better with the body that way but its a tough call.You'll have enough black already with the logo.Good Luck.

Comment

Well, the body wouldn`t be bound, but the neck and headstock will. so now I am down to ebonyinlaid logo or Burnt, it will probably be Ebony inlaid though. How do I access the Custom Shop Generator? Thanks-Jack.

Comment

Have fun http://www.jcfonline.com/resources/csgen/
                          Mike
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------
                          SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Mike
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------
                            SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

i vote for binding [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X