Binding or Not? Custom Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Binding or Not? Custom Soloist

Ya-Ya [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Ok, decision is: No body bonding, yes to the arm cut, deffinately a belly cut(nead this one for sure), black binding on the neck. Still up in air on the headstock, my feeling are with the big black Jackson logo and Made In USA on there and all of it on the board with the black binding, I may not and have natural body, neck tons of black with the MOP Iron Crossesm then the natural headstock with all of the black in the middle. Also, wiht the single humbucker, i am down to 2: EMG 85 or the Rio Granded BBQ Bucker. The Rio has the biggest nastiest crunch and sizzle of any passive pickup I have ever played thru and the one I have at my house is 12.75K. The only thing in my book it gives up to the EMG 85 is some highhs and pinch harmonics, but for nasty heavy crunch rythym the BBQ wins hands down, but for leads, you wouldn`t want a BBQ, but I don`t do leads very well.More opinions please, not that they meen SHIT to me anyway [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

EMG 85! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Or get an 89 so you'll have the option of splitting it to get great single coil tones for clean playing. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I'd also keep the headstock bound as well as the neck, as I think it will make it "flow" a little better.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Ya Joe, you have a good point on the Flow factor [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I still may end up binding the headstock also. As far as the pikcups, can`t use the 890, I can`t stand single coil sounds, I don`t ever go clean. so it is down to the EMG 85 or Rio BBQ, if you never tried Rio Granded pickups, you really should, they are killer!! Jack.

Comment

I've never tried a Rio Grande, but I've got a catalog and have heard some great things about them. I was always interested really to hear how the Crunchbox and Punchbox sounded... and they look cool like the Duncan Invader with the huge pole pieces. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] As far as between the 85 and the BBQ, I've never tried the BBQ, but go with whatever sounds best to you and what you would use the most. Though, pups are easy to swap, so it wouldn't be that big a deal if you got sick of one. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I am leaning towards the BBQ, because my other Cusotm Soloist has an 85, so i would have 2 Soloists with 2 different bridge pickups and if I don`t like the BBQ in her, I can have an EMG installed [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

So have you ordered this guitar yet jack?

Comment

Kevin put the order in about 2 weeks ago and Jackson never got back to him with the quote. I don`t know what`s up with Jackson being so slow? Jack.

Comment

Working...
                X