Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson's LesPaul?

Hi

Yesterday I was browsing the local ads and this guy say he is selling a Jackson Lespaul style guitar. He said that she was born in 1997...

Some specs :

*Necktru
    *Rosewood FingerBoard
    *Schaller tuners
    *Made in Usa
    *Dimarzio pickup (Possibility to put Seymour Duncans)
    *1 Hum
    *Wine Red

He says that only a run of 100 of those were made...

Price he is asking $800 Canadian... so its like 550usd...

Any highlights?

Re: Jackson\'s LesPaul?

If it is a double cut LP type it is a JJ. They also made a single cut model that was a dinky LP type. Toejam has one of those. It would really help to see a picture of the guitar of which you speak.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Yep, I've got a JJP. They're bolt-on mahogany necks, though. Made in '97, DiMarzio Super Distortion pickup with one volume control, archtop mahogany body. They only thing I changed on mine was the amber speed knob it came with to black. They are kinda rare; though, I'm not sure exactly how many were made. though. A few other board members have them. Here's mine! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

It's kinda small and basically a Dinky Les Paul. Here's how it looks next to a Les Paul.
      http://img30.photobucket.com/albums/v91/Toejam/SC.jpg
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

They also made a Japanese-market Les Paul shape (Grover Jackson logo), and Marty Freidman had a Custom Shop LP.
        I'd bet it's the JJ-1, though.
        $550 USD is never bad for an unbroken USA Jackson.

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
          They also made a Japanese-market Les Paul shape (Grover Jackson logo), and Marty Freidman had a Custom Shop LP.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And Brian McDonald (I believe) has the prototype JJP which was originally for Marty, and it's got the dice inlay on the 12th fret, natural mahogany body. Marty did indeed have full-sized custom versions made, as well as Joey Z. from Life Of Agony.
          I've never seen a Grover Jackson model, though. Got a pic? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Hambucker:
            I guess thats the single cut that ToeJam has. Does it have a thin neck or a fat one (I guess a fat one... but meh I dont know)
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep, that's a JJP. The necks are a little beefy, but not too fat, IMO. Definitely thinner than a '59 Les Paul profile, which I don't think is really all that fat either. I can get used to different neck thicknesses pretty quickly. They're pretty sweet players, though. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Ok thanks for the highlights. I think I'll pass over this one for my quest to my first usa Jackson

Comment

No problem. That would be a great first USA Jackson at a great price, though. It's the only USA Jackson I've ever owned. I'm down to only two Jacksons now, that one and the import string-thru Dinky HX in the pic next to it.

Comment

Toe - Remember the pic someone posted last year of the black LP with the sharkfins and Jackson pointyhead? The one from Japan?
                  That was it.

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hmmm, I don't really recall that one offhand.

Comment

They have pictures of Joey Z. and Martys on the Jackson site in the custom shop archive as well as the import version. EJ

Comment

Working...
                      X