X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold USA Dinky with CrAZy ELectRoNICs

OK, so I bought this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7338782952

It's here, it's cool, but it's freakin' me out. It has a 5 way pickup selector switch, a mini-switch, and some crazy ass volume/tone pots, all wired up to some other gizmos. I think this is the wah thing...at least that's kinda what it sounds like when I flip that mini switch on. I will plead dumb, as I have never had a Jackson with this kind of setup. I was planning on replacing the pickups anyway, but figured I'd try it out. I did...and I'm gonna stick with plan A. What's the dealio with this stuff...and would anyone want it if I were to rip it all out??

Re: Gold USA Dinky with CrAZy ELectRoNICs

well...theres obviously a batter in there to possibly power the possible wah system. I'm guess the 5-way offers some coil split options and the mini switch is either more coil taps or a series/parallel switch.
    I have no idea what that thing inbetween the (volume?) pot and mini-switch is
    hope this helps,
    alex.

Comment

That is pimpin'! Looks like you got a board in there? Kinda reminds me of my cousin's Bich in the inside!
      "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Well you got a sweet deal! I love the binding.

Comment

I was low on funds or I would have bid on that one as well, Congrates!

What pickups are in it right now, and what don't you like about them?
          Just one more guitar!

Comment

I have not looked at the bottoms yet. It will get a nice cleaning tonight, as it has plenty of smudges, finger funk, and dust on the headstock. I've just never been a big fan of the Jackson pickups. They are decent, and I may play it some more before deciding whether or not to swap 'em out

Comment

So what pups do you usually use? I have been using EMG's and am ready for a change.
              Just one more guitar!

Comment

Nice score, ya bastard! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Myself, Budman and Greg Crowe all bid on that one, too. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I don't know about the electronics, but that is a very cool guitar! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                  Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Thanks gang...it is cool and it polished up nicely. I hit the fretboard with some lemon oil and it's looking good.

Anyway, Pickups are a J-80C and a J-50N.

Scotty, most of my rigs have some kind of Duncans in them. My current fave is the Custom 5, but I have the regular custom, 59, custom custom, JB, and a lot of those go with a jazz in the neck.

Comment

The J50N is one of the nicest pups I've ever heard! I had one in my old Kelly XLR... though, it didn't have a cover on it, so maybe the covers make them sound different? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I took it out and put it in a Dinky HX with a Tone Zone in the bridge which I later sold to Spaceace. That was a sweet pup combination, I miss it.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Not sure about the electronics, but very nice axe [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

sweet guitar, I love gold jacksons alot and that was a mad deal! Jealous!

Comment

<font color="yellow">Skinflamation!!

Very cool score bro, and a great price too!!

I think Chuck has a similar/the same circuit in his Flametop.....get with him, he'll know more.

</font>

Comment

Ah...that's funny, I was keeping track of that one on Ebay.

Comment

Working...
                              X