Silver swirl is a nice finish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silver swirl is a nice finish

I've been eyeing the ss kv2t at dcgl and also the kelly in the catalog and its a nice looking finish.To me its got everything going right. I want to get an sl2t in this finish and install an x2n at the bridge. I noticed on the website its offered in a lot of colors(the x2n). You guys think a purple x2n would ruin the finish look? I'm not sure if it would blend in with the black bezels and black blades so there wouldn't be a lot of purple or if it would cheapen the look. Any opinions? I could always get black but its a little boring.

Re: Silver swirl is a nice finish

Purple against silver swirl doesn't sound like a combination that I would choose, I think it'll look a bit strange. I would go with the black x2n, it can never get too black! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

But if you like it, go for it! You'll probably have a quite unique color combo!

Anders
    https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

I would go with the black, personally, but I agree with you that the Silver Swirl finish is killer. I wanted an SL2H in that finish in the worst way but couldn't find one to buy. I like the fact that the SSW graphic is on the back, too.

Comment

I'd probably go with black as well. But if you're looking for something different, how about chrome? Chrome floyd, chrome tuners, chrome pup rings, maybe an EMG 25th anniversary chrome pup set. That'd be sharp.
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Have you actually seen the silver swirl in the flesh? Dude it is the best goddamn finish ever. You can see all the fibers in it.. its like velvet!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          I like the chrome pickup idea too, that'd be killer

Comment

The chrome would look good but I have a guitar with emg's and I wanted to load the next one with hot duncans or dimarzios. I think I'll go black cause it will not offset the finish at all .

Comment

I ordered a sl2h silver swirl just a month ago and i think i will wait another 2-3 months to see her!!

Comment

Here is my Jackson sl2ht (SSW)I got last week, one of the best finishs I have ever seen next to my snakeskin sl2h, really has to be seen in person , I was glad the I made the right choice, it has so many tones in colour its un-real , in person its looks as though its a dark silver , in the pics its blue swirl lol.... wait till u get yours TAMENGHKO man u will love it, The cool thing is
                if u scratch it ,or with the usual pick swirls , u will never see them as they get lost in finish hench the silver swirl lol....

Comment

I have tried many of times to take pics of its through colour but its next to impossible to pull off, nice effect too I might add.

Comment

damn [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] thats pretty...hopefully they'll make imports with that finish

Comment

Hey scel100!!! How much did you wait for this one?

Comment

mmm, this swirl is giving me an headache...

Comment

The more I see that finish the more I want a KV2T in Silver Swirl!!

Comment

I looooooooove that finish--very cool! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Stu

Comment

I was going to buy a KV2T silver swirl for Easton but Kevin had just got it in and had to send it back because of finish faults. I got a KV-2 in EDS instead from him but I still want that silver swirl
                              I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                              So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
                              X