Attention Roswell owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention Roswell owners

I've seen these on stands but I can't find anything here locally that'll do the trick. Could one of you please give me a lead on where I can track down a stand that'll work for an aluminum Roswell? Thanks!
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Re: Attention Roswell owners

I don't have a Roswell but i have plenty of Rhoads models. Same size?

Anyway, this stand is perfect for my Rhoads:
    http://shop.timwebworks.com/bg_usr1/70001.asp

/Henrik
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Same stand I use for my Vs also. Works great

Comment

Tried a Herculese, no dice but thanks for the suggestion.

[ June 22, 2004, 09:10 AM: Message edited by: YetAnotherOne ]
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

its a tough one, try the on stage hangers is the only one i can think of, mine usually go on the wall hangers

Comment

Hamilton makes a nice stand that fits all the different body shapes(Vs,Kellys,Warriors,etc.),it has a hanger just like a wall-hanger!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Chucksplatter

Comment

Just use a standard $10 tube stand....you probably already have one.

All you need to do is drill a hole about 7 inches or so above the original hole and move the cradle up to that hole.

A 5 minute fix...and cheap.

You can still use it normally...just move the cradle back down to the original hole.
              Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Thanks much for the suggestions. While searching for Hamilton stands on Google I ran across the catch-o-matic which looks like it'll do the trick:

Comment

I use a stand called the Ultimate. It usually sells for $25-$29.

Comment

I ran across the catch-o-matic which looks like it'll do the trick:
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No real offense intended BUT.....

heh...that looks like some kind of retard/down syndrome kinda headgear contraption to me! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

I cant believe that the Hercules stand doesn't work. It hangs it from the head stock. What was the problem? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                      "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

The asymmetric headstock itself, it hung kfrom the point of the longer side of the headstock and put pressure on the flimsy LSR tuner on the other side. Plus I couldn't get the padding along the bottom part of the stand to actually hit the body of the guitar. I didn't fool around with it long, I just drug the guitar along to a shop and tried it out quickly and didn't care much for hanging the Roswell because it's a way heavy axe.

Comment

Originally posted by YetAnotherOne:
                          The asymmetric headstock itself, it hung kfrom the point of the longer side of the headstock and put pressure on the flimsy LSR tuner on the other side. Plus I couldn't get the padding along the bottom part of the stand to actually hit the body of the guitar. I didn't fool around with it long, I just drug the guitar along to a shop and tried it out quickly and didn't care much for hanging the Roswell because it's a way heavy axe.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I tried numerous stands with my Rossy and finally landed on the Hamilton. It's not a perfect fit because of the headstock, but I added a rolled up terry wash cloth to help the headstock seat firmly and straight. I currently have it hanging on a wall hanger. It's no heavier than the LP Customs I have hanging next to it.
                          "POOP"

Comment

I don't have a Roswell but I do have Rhoads guitars. i was looking at one of those catchomatic looking stands before but the problem was that if let the points of the body hit the ground so that was no good. I like the Quicklok stands. Certain models have individually adjustable bottom arms which work good for a Rhoads.

Rudy
                            Rudy
                            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                            X