Scott Ian from Anthrax's signiture guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott Ian from Anthrax's signiture guitar

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
    Jackson JJ2 Scott Ian

BODY Solid Colors: Alder, Transparent Colors: Mahogany
    NECK Neck-Thru-Body Quartersawn Maple on Solid Colors,
    Neck-Thru-Body Quartersawn Mahogany on Transparent Colors,
    Soft “V” Shape with Oil Finish
    NECK DIMENSIONS 3rd Fret: .850”, 12th Fret: .950”
    TUNING MACHINES Die-Cast Tuners
    FINGERBOARD Ebony
    NO. OF FRETS 22 Jumbo Frets
    BRIDGE PICKUP Seymour Duncan® Scott Ian Custom Diablo Humbucker
    MIDDLE PICKUP N/A
    NECK PICKUP Seymour Duncan® Scott Ian Custom Diablo Humbucker
    CONTROLS Master Volume,
    Master Tone,
    BRIDGE JT390 Adjustable Bridge with Strings-Through-Body
    PICKUP SWITCHING 3-Position Toggle:
    Position 1. Bridge Pickup
    Position 2. Middle Pickup
    Position 3. Neck Pickup
    HARDWARE Black (Chrome on Transparent Colors)
    STRINGS NPS, XL, (.009 to .042)
    CASE Includes Deluxe Molded Case
    PICKGUARD None
    SCALE LENGTH 25.5”
    WIDTH AT NUT 1-5/8”
    UNIQUE FEATURES Side Dot Position Inlays,
    Strings-Through-Body with Tunamatic Bridge,
    Bone Nut,
    3-Over, 3-Under Headstock,
    Rolling Dice 12th Fret Inlay,
    Jackson Collage Headstock Logo,
    Scott Ian Caricature and Signature on Headstock,
    CTS® Pots and Switchcraft® Switches

Ok, so I wanted to know if anyone has tried the JJ2 and what they think of it. I mainly want to know about the reliability of the JJ2. IE: If I tune the damn thing once and set it down, will it stay in tune when I pick it up hours or days later? ( I love it when guitars do that [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ) Also, how would you describe the clean sound of the Diablo pickups? Would they sound descent with my Uberschalls clean channel? Does that kill-switch ever get stuck on ya in one position or the other? Any information that you could give would be helpful! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks in advance guys! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Appreciate it!

Re: Scott Ian from Anthrax\'s signiture guitar

Mine's a bit different that the ones that are available now (pic below) but I'd say if you want one, go for it. The prices on these things used tend to be lower than RRs and Soloists so they're pretty good deals. The tuning stability on mine is OK, par for the course for a decent quality hardtail. I don't have an Uber or the sig pup so I can't comment on the rest.

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Man that is a sweet looking axe. How does it feel when standing up? Ever have problems with it nose diving?

Comment

It balances fine for me. Mostly I love the simplicity of it and the feel of the raw maple neck. To give you an idea, there was one identical to mine on the 'bay a while back and it went through several times before the seller finally dropped his opening bid to something like $500 (IIRC it might have even been a bit less) before he finally got a bite. At that price, everyone should own one of these. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Yeah man, simplicity and tone is definetly what i'm going for. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Thanks for your replys YetAnotherOne. Apreciate it!

Does anyone here have experiences with the kill switch button? I'm a little nervous with the design. When I tried one at my local GC it seemed to work fine but I just want to make sure that I wont have to worry about it geting stuck on me in live situation. When I tried the Diablo pickups they sounded MEAN distorted but I didn't get enough time to try it with a clean channel. Does anyone know if its pretty close to its lower output sibling the screaming deamon.

Comment

No idea on the kill switch but if you're worried about it you could always just snip it out of the circuit. That'd take like 30 seconds tops.

Comment

Originally posted by YetAnotherOne:
                No idea on the kill switch but if you're worried about it you could always just snip it out of the circuit. That'd take like 30 seconds tops.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Good point. Infact I could replace it with a tone pot if I wanted to huh.

Comment

Ok, so I’m thinking about getting the JJ2 in see through red. This means it will have a mahogany body right? Ok, so what neck wood combination would you recommend? My guitar at home has a mahogany body and maple neck and it sounds awesome. Do you think this would be the right combo for this guitar or would all mahogany be better?

Comment

are you planning to buy a JJ2 or have a Custom Shop guitar built?
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

I havent really decided yet but if I could get what I want in a stadard model then I'll probably just do that.

Comment

Scott has left Jackson and have heard from dealers that the JJ2 is discontinued [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Really??? But its still up at the Jackson website. I guess I'll give them a call and see whats up.

Comment

Working...
                          X