Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So if ALL I want different is a reverse head...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So if ALL I want different is a reverse head..

Well me personally, I am VERY happy with what they are doing... SL1's and SL2H's fit what I want perfectly! And if I don't want a neck thru then the DK1 will do just fine... well depending on whether it's H/H or S/S/H.... They need to have an option for that.... instead of depending on what year it is....

I personally don't care for the reverse hs, never have, but that's JMO... I know alot of people who prefer it...

Comment

I guess the best way to state my position is that, overall, I'm happy with how Jackson/Charvel is doing business (especially if Charvel ends up being what I am expecting it to be, and all signs point to me being happy so far). I just like arguing on the Internet.

I am hoping the new Charvel line works out really well. I think it's an excellent idea that's on the right track. We'll see if that leads to success. If it doesn't, they've at least given it a try. And from all we've heard, they're trying very hard.

Honestly, I can't say enough good things about how Jackson/Charvel has been going recently. Thre resurrection of the JCF-YCE (and it sure looks to me like they're working very hard to make sure the limited problems that plagued the JCF-01 aren't repeated), the resurrection of true Charvels (and it sure looks like they're working overtime to please potential buyers and make the guitars "authentic"), even the limited return of stratheads with the 25th and the Retros (and possibly the EVH guitar if one wanted to count them).

I can honestly say that I think Jackson/Charvel is trying very hard to please its customers. Does that mean they're doing everything? Of course not, but we're sure hearing more good news than anything else coming from the company over the last several months or so.

No matter how good a company does, there's always going to be a push to do a little bit better. I don't think that means people are unhappy with J/C overall. They just see room for improvement and wonder out loud why that improvement can't be made (and on the Internet, it becomes especially easy to continue to argue the points over and over).

And heck, with so much good stuff happening with J/C recently, maybe we are getting a little spoiled. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

If that makes any sense at all.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Heck, for all I know, the limited Charvel options mights be a test run for offering limited options on the Jackson line. Who knows. But even if it isn't. I'm not upset at Jackson for choosing to run the Jackson line the way they do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Enough with this "Charvel line" bullcrap.

How much are the new Reissues? You seriously want Jackson to do that and hit the $2000-$3000 price range too? Geez....
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

They're going there anyway - 15% rate hike [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

I agree that the "it CAN'T be done" argument is weak at best. Has it been attempted? Probably not. If it was attempted, how many times? Enough times to get it "right"? Apparently not, because it isn't a reality.

As for "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" - uh-uh; if it ain't broke, there's room to flex a little more.

I'm not unhappy with everything Jackson does. If I were, I wouldn't be here. I simply want to know why what many perceive to be one or two small changes (e.g. reverse headstock, different pickup routing, inlay direction, binding and/or hardware color, pickup choice, control configuration but NOT position) are worth $1500 or more.
          I want a detailed explanation of the physical limitations of putting a reverse headstock on a neck instead of the "standard" head; of putting an EMG 85 and 81 combo in an SL2H instead of a JB and Jazz; of putting gold hardware on instead of black; of cutting ONE or TWO fewer pickup cavities than standard; of grabbing a length of red binding from a spool no more than 1 foot away from the spool of ivoroid binding; of cutting lefty fins on a righty board; to not even cut inlays on a board; to pick up a maple board instead of the "standard" ebony.

"Because" is not a suitable reply. God can use "Because" as a legitimate explanation because He's God - everyone else gets the 3rd Degree until they cough up the real reason (i.e. taking money from the Custom Shop, not interested, not in the mood, etc etc), and then we'll discuss those as well.
          So there's more paperwork involved - whooptee doo. Get a computer and eliminate hand-written work orders. Hang monitors over each station like Burger King that displays a recipe for the current order, and have non-standard features highlighted. Get someone to gather all the "custom" parts for a particular order and have one person put it together from start to finish if it's too much hassle for the person at each station to check a work order.

Thinking on the job is what leads to innovation, which leads to more profit, as well as faster and easier work. Zombies will never improve a company, they just maintain the Status Quo.

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Newc, you're going to NAMM, right? Why don't you interview Mike K. or Mike S. or Tim with these questions and report back to us? [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]

You sound like a damned broken record in this thread; go get some answers from the horse's mouth and save us from this torture! [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

You sound like a damned broken record in this thread; go get some answers from the horse's mouth and save us from this torture! [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't like it don't read it.

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]

Heck, for all I know, the limited Charvel options mights be a test run for offering limited options on the Jackson line. Who knows. But even if it isn't. I'm not upset at Jackson for choosing to run the Jackson line the way they do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Enough with this "Charvel line" bullcrap.

How much are the new Reissues? You seriously want Jackson to do that and hit the $2000-$3000 price range too? Geez....

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the reissues would be a bad example since they are one size fits all guitars with no options available.

The USA Standard line, though, offers some options, and the cost is in line with the Jackson line.

So, really. You're saying "stop talking about the Charvel line bullcrap because it hurts my argument."

Comment

No, that's completely different. They ARE offering non-standard guitars as limited production. Sure, have your wish, all USA Selects available with your specs at custom shop prices. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

S
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                  X