HELP WITH "A" AFTER AN RR STUDENT SERIAL #

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP WITH "A" AFTER AN RR STUDENT SERIAL #

Can someone tell me what the letter "A" after the serial # on a Rhoads guitar means?
    I think its a student, no sharkfins, made in USA.
    original Kahler trem. Thruneck
    Serial #RR00594A stamped after last fret.
    The "A" seems to be like an "A" with a box around it. Any significance to this????
    ???

Re: HELP WITH "A" AFTER AN RR STUDENT SERIAL #

[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I've never seen that before. And it seems like one too many zeros in the s/n. Better let the "experts" check in on this. Send Joe (Charvel750) a pm inquiring about it.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Got a pic? I had a Dinky with a W stamped on the last fret, and I know a few others here have also had guitars with the W stamp. I think it signifies some kind of B-stock or factory second, something like that. Never heard of one with an A.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Please post pics of the guitar and the serial # if possible. I'd be interested to see it.

Comment

"W" indicates water damage; apparantly, there was an issue at one of Charvel's or Jackson's warehouse where the stock of guitars got sprinkled upon somehow, so a bunch of guitars had to get stamped with a "W" indicating that they potentially got wet.

- E.
          Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

I didn't think Jackson used W for B stock.

Comment

Originally posted by JP:
              Can someone tell me what the letter "A" after the serial # on a Rhoads guitar means?
              I think its a student, no sharkfins, made in USA.
              original Kahler trem. Thruneck
              Serial #RR00594A stamped after last fret.
              The "A" seems to be like an "A" with a box around it. Any significance to this????
              ???
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The specs sound correct, but there is one too many zeros in that serial number. AFAIK, the students were made intermitently with the custums and all got the same RRxxxx serial numbers.
              "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Re: HELP WITH &quot;A&quot; AFTER AN RR STUDENT SERIAL #

Originally posted by AlexL:
                "W" indicates water damage; apparantly, there was an issue at one of Charvel's or Jackson's warehouse where the stock of guitars got sprinkled upon somehow, so a bunch of guitars had to get stamped with a "W" indicating that they potentially got wet.

- E.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That makes sense. I do remember reading something about that in another thread. Though, the guitar I had with the W, there was nothing wrong with it, it had the original pups and electronics, push/pull tone pot, and everything was fine, no noticable damage whatsoever.

Comment

Joe, they most likely claimed a lot (as in group) of instruments that were exposed to water and didn't pick out the damaged from non-damaged guitars. So in turn they had to stamp every guitar claimed with the W.

Comment

Good point. BTW, my old Dinky that had the W on it is now owned by SpaceAce and refinished in tye-dye. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...c;f=1;t=002675

Comment

Re: HELP WITH \"A\" AFTER AN RR STUDENT SERIAL #

Thanks everyone, but,
                      I said it has the letter "A" not "w" -
                      still have no idea what it's for -
                      Joe

Comment

Yeh, forget the "W"...that been beat into the ground.

What's the "A"? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Maybe "A" denotes an artist instrument? ...That's a total wild-@ss guess.

I recently picked up a mid-90s Charvel reissue that has a "2" stamped into the end of the fretboard. That most likely means it was a factory second but I sure can't tell what for. It's pretty minty, other than a finish chip.

Comment

Working...
                          X