No announcement yet.

San Dimas Jackson Neckplate Value??!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: San Dimas Jackson Neckplate Value??!!

[img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]!!

Thanx for all the help & info bros,much appreciated!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]!!

Thanx for all the help & info bros,much appreciated!!

[/ QUOTE ]
      I didnt mean that towards you ,I meant those guys on e-bay expecting outragous amounts on these neckplates.Sorry I didn't mean to stand on my soapbox.But that price sounds about right for your friend.
      Don't take it the wrong way man,as long as your helping out a bro.
      [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]!!Understood,no problem man!!

Comment

it just seems weird my plate # is so high because i thought they stopped at 500. the neck looks like a dk1 neck, not a modell 88.

chris

Comment

I recently sold a 5xxx SD plate for $152 on the 'bay.. it was very minty though, SD plates with serials > 1505 don't usually sell that high. Yours is worth around that if not more.

The $200 plate is an aberration.... someone payed way too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              The only reason for someone to buy this is to make a fake Jackson which is not right and there should be a law against selling these neckplates,I mean why make a fake,
              just save up some money and buy the whole guitar.There are enough fakes floating around as it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought a loose plate for my woodburn strathead neck with a logo that I'm gonna build up. Guess the factory put the logo on a headstock to make a fake guitar too?

I was gonna say something mean to you too [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHARVEL-SAN-DIMAS-19...1QQcmdZViewItem

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

lol. what a loser! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

CARRGUITAR ,Thats who I was referring to,Not the average JCF'er who wants to build up a guitar with USA parts,thats fine.Next time I'll just keep my comments to myself.I didn't mean to ruffle anybody's feathers.Sorry
                    Some of the RULES for this board mention something to the effect of not saying anything negative or putting down anyones thread.

Comment

Yeah, Carrguitar is in the top 5 coveted list of alltime A-Hole guitar dealers pandering Charvels. Maybee second place to the newly minted Vegas icon, <cough> Lepperis Romanus. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

These guitars (San Dimas Charvels) should not be parted out unless:

a) The guitar has already been butchered from original configuration and restoration is not an option,
                      b) the parts are from an unfinished project.

All Charvel SD guitars should be restored whenever possible. The plates are numbered for a reason - to match the original factory work order. Not so you can recreate a fake or stick it on a pawn shop model 1 and claim its a San Dimas. I've seen assclowns stick original SD plates on obvious non SD guitars. [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

But there are unscrupulous individuals who are not into this hobby - they care less about the history, etc. Its just a commodity to them - they're not an enthusiast or someone wanting to help out another collector of these fine guitars. [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Comment

I have no time for anyone who takes part in this sort of deception. It's o.k to restore a guitar, but to pass off an inferior instrument as something it's not devalues the brand in more ways than one. Some people just dont care..
                        For me, a I couldnt give a stuff about a bloody SD neck plate unless its attached to its rightful axe.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          CARRGUITAR ,Thats who I was referring to,Not the average JCF'er who wants to build up a guitar with USA parts,thats fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just out of curiousity, why it ok for the average JCF'er to build up a parts guitar and not Carrguitar?
                          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I started this thread about San Dimas JACKSON neckplates because I bought a parts monster & it had one on it,a friend needed an SD Jackson neckplate to restore his SD Jackson!!As I am a Charvel guy & don't keep up with the Jackson $$s & didn't want to f*ck him on $$ I asked about the value of these neckplates(btw I have since sold him the plate & we are both happy)!!
                            I agree re:the ethics of building fakes with added neckplates,etc.,but there will always be sellers whose motive is $$ not respect for the legacy,history & rarity of SD Charvels!!Unfortunately we can't police the world imo,the info is out there,much of it right here on this forum,if someone pays big $$ for what they assume is a legit guitar they have to do the homework too!!
                            Not much more can be done but provide the info for buyers that do do the homework!!

Comment

Well said brother.
                              [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Unfortunately, with this process happening more and more, avoiding the San Dimas years, unless there is paperwork, is getting to be the prudent thing to do.

You see far too many fakes out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X