No announcement yet.

San Dimas Jackson Neckplate Value??!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: San Dimas Jackson Neckplate Value??!!

<font color="yellow">Prudent??Maybe....but if you know what to look for & do the aforementioned homework you can make a smart,confident purchase on an SD Charvie....unless you dudes wanna leave 'em all for me??!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]!! </font>

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Unfortunately, with this process happening more and more, avoiding the San Dimas years, unless there is paperwork, is getting to be the prudent thing to do.

You see far too many fakes out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you learned how to spot them yet? In a nutshell without access to the logs it's about being educated, then you still run the risk of being taken. The fact is though every bolton guitar is suspect to being fake because of being so easy to build ...

BTW welcome to the JCF... Another NH boy!!
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

yup what Chuck said, what Kev said. Homework.

Comment

Hey they Kevin,

Been here a while, but thanks for the welcome. Greatly appreciated.

My problem with this issue is Ebay doesn't take complaints about selling neck plates, every forum seems to allow people to talk about these neck plates.

But, you talk about something political, and "whoops" the post gets deleted.

So, it one takes this into account, it must be a free market place to do this. It appears to be ok to put one of these fakes over on people. The world is turning into "if they don't know it isn't the real thing, then it is OK."

I have had a San Dimas since the 80's, and am aware of many things about it that set it apart. I am sure there are many things I am unaware about in regards to the San Dimas years.

My concern is that forums lets this happen. Lets talk about other illegal things. Can't we have a conversation about drugs? Rape? Sounds out there doesn't it?

Unless the places that talk about Jackson's stop this from happening on their forum. These places will be taken, by some, less seriously.

Sorry, but unless you can prove a San Dimas is the real thing, it isn't. You need to look at it that way now. There is money in fooling people about this now. It's an Ebay world, used parts at your fingertips.

I am concerned this is happening in forums.

PS. The reality of restoring a guitar with a neckplate is that that guitar won't be original, but will likely be sold "as original". Jackson needs to have a better process of getting the specifics on each model number to stop this from happening.

I am headed over to Ebay to see if I can pick up a used VIN for my 69' Lemans.

It's the same thing. Sorry.

Comment

Working...
          X