'86 Jackson bolt on value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '86 Jackson bolt on value?

I was wondering how much a guitar is worth...
    It is a '86 SD Jackson bolt on (#1010). It is Gun Metal Grey. It is in pretty good shape, but has a couple of mods...There has been a tone knob added and the neck single coil was routed for a hum (good route job). It has non logoed, 90 degree set screw tunners (black) and a Chrome Kahler pro. Rosewood board and is missing the original truss cover. It has recently had $135 worth of fret work and plays AMAZING, but could use a new nut (very slight buzz sometimes in the cowboy chord area). Original case, but some one handpainted a huge Jackson logo on it (not that bad of a job, really!) Also has changed strap buttons. How much is this worth?

Re: \'86 Jackson bolt on value?

<font color="yellow">Value is subjective bro.

I just sold #1255 on E-Bay, and that guitar was modded with a added neck single and the fretboard was scalloped from the 10th to 22nd frets, and a un-original Charvel tweed case.

I started it at $750 and set the BIN at $900 and somebody hit the BIN. Personally, I think that was fair for the guitar.

I'd say at least $750 to $1000 high end.

E-Bay will probably be your best bet bro. </font>

Comment

WOW! That much? Holy cow!

Comment

<font color="yellow">Like I said man...value is subjective.....maybe I got lucky... I dunno.

That is an early serial # for Jackson SD Strats...as they went from 1001 to 1505 for the "run" of SD Jackson Strat's.

Mine was mid-production and had March written in the neck pocket and pup route.

I wouldn't list it for under $750 myself....and if it didn't sell, so be it. I'd burn it before I gave it away...but, that's me [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

Sometimes the Kahler makes it a tough sell.. luckily for me I love Kahlers so I've picked up 3 '86 Jackson bolt ons for remarkably cheap. But I agree with LPC... that is a really early serial number which gives it a certain appeal. $750 would be fair, but you never know what you can actually get....

Pics?

Comment

So, is this just an ebay thing, or would I have any luck posting it here for say $800 OBO? Or is it not worth my time?

Comment

Ebay the thing for that kind of money. It would be suprising to me if it pulled that much money...but I suppose it could happen.
              It surely won't happen here, though!

Comment

The plate number means nothing. The date in the neck pocket is everything. I just bought #1172 all original that was dated 3 months before the Bisch's #1010 was! Yes the plate is a lower number but has nothing to do with build date. I have seen many other examples. #1001 thru #1505 was built in 86', that's as far as that goes, apparantely they grabbed plates randomly. Work order numbers and build dates tell all.

Comment

Ray, what's your work order #? My #1167 is work order of 5094. Don't remember the date, don't really want to pull the neck off right now [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

i want it

I want some pics of it, and i might be very interested

Comment

Careful there junior. [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

Comment

I dont know if this will help you at all, but I sold a 1989 Ontario bulit one with a Dimas plate for $650. Mine was in great shape and all original except for the pup. I had the original pup which I included in the deal. Yours bieng a Dimas should be worth a few buck more.

Comment

Last one I had was a very clean single hum Floyded SD with a low number, and it sold quickly for $750.

Comment

That's the key right there, Floyd and no mods. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

# doesn't really matter. I sold two minty Ontario bolt-ons for around $900 each on the bay. They were floyded and not modded though. One was an 86 and the other an 89. Both were desirable though, that's the key really.
                              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                              X